Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My sincerest gratitude.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31495-my-sincerest-gratitude.html)

Red Stripe 08-23-2002 02:56 AM

Good luck Jen!! You can do this!!

Take it one day at a time:)

candyman35 08-23-2002 03:25 AM

Jen,
I wish you the best. I can see from your posts that you are a very kind hearted person. Good things will come to you. I am glad you are able to get the help you need. Give your recovery a 110% of yourself just like you have given the charities you have helped.
God bless,
Dan

BatGirl 08-23-2002 05:50 AM

Jen,
Life is not an easy road. We are all delt some bad cards. No one ever said life was fair, But life is better enjoyed. Be strong and beleive in yourself, know matter what people say or do.
Good and bad thing's are just a fact a life.... Boat accident's, Bad ex husband's etc. You can't let the bad thing's keep you down, you have to let them go.
Think positive and of the future.
You seem like a kind, caring, beautiful person. You have freinds here.
Hope to see you in Miami in Feb, or World's.
Get well, and be strong!!
Remember,Chic's Rule!! LOL!;) :p ;)
BG XO

Iggy 08-23-2002 07:15 AM

Jen,
Reading your posts I can tell you are a strong and determined person.
Don't let depression get to you. Walk with you head up, tall and proud. Focus on getting well. Use the same determination you used when you were just starting your business. That's what it'll take to get past this. You can do this.

I know, I've been there.
There was a time when I was one half step away from being homeless. I was broke and facing the fact that I was going to lose everything I owned. Was into drugs and booze. Depression was so bad I crawled under that same rock and hid. There's a four year period of my life that's just a blurr.
A good friend of ours had a long talk with me, slapped me around a little and woke me up. He made me realize that I had a beautiful wife and a little child that depended on me.
With his and my families help I cleaned up, straightened up and learned to hold my head up and look life right in the face.
I overcame all my problems and came out a stronger person.
I'm a survivor!
I've been able to handle anything life throws at me.
Problems are challenges. All you have to do look at the situation and figure out what it takes to resolve it.
It's one step at a time.

Now it's your turn.
One step at a time. Before you know it you'll be running at full speed again.

Remeber, you have friends here.
Keep us posted.
Take care and get well soon.

Bob Kellum (Iggy)

OffshoreOnly 08-23-2002 07:48 AM

Depression and anxiety are nothing to mess with. It is scary when you actually feel that your mind is seperate from your body and the mind will always be more powerful than the body. If you ever want to get back on track you must cure this problem.

Good luck and we will see you on the other side.

OSO

boomer 08-23-2002 08:11 AM

Jen It took the death of a close friend for me to realize that.

Your life is a gift that can be taken away at anytime so ENJOY IT and overcome any problems.

Sean 08-23-2002 08:14 AM

Hang in there Jennifer...you've got alot of support from the people on this board...and alot of people pulling for you to get well soon.:)

Scarab3DMC 08-23-2002 08:23 AM

Hang in there Jen ...our prayers are with you...DAVE:D :p ;)

SpeedGirl 08-23-2002 08:42 AM

Jen,

I am glad to see that you are doing better, we are all here for you... expecially whan you need to talk, keep your chin up.

God Bless,
Heather
Speed Girl

Chart 08-23-2002 10:32 AM

Jen:

We all have Crosses to bear. Some are bigger, uglier, and heavier than others. Right now yours looks like it's about to squash you. Don't let that happen. With professional guidance and your own resources that God himself gave you, you can learn the techniques to not only carry this Cross, but to run with it!

Your self-objectivity is impressive.

We're rooting for you.

Michael