Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
looking at buying a formula 223 LS ? >

looking at buying a formula 223 LS ?

Notices

looking at buying a formula 223 LS ?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile looking at buying a formula 223 LS ?

Hello all. Looking at buying my first speed boat. I have had many boats over the past years but they were mostly smaller outboards. Currently looking at a 1988 formula 223 ls with a 454 bravo one. The hour meter is showing just under 500 hours. The boat it self is in excellent shape and looks like it was well taken care of. Its currently at a local marina, I talked to the manager of the marina and he said the owner brought it in this past may. He was going to have it serviced and docked, however he lost interest and now he wants it sold. Is this a good solid boat? Any thing I should look for? I have a deal pending on the boat as long as the motor, hull and drive are all in good shape. Hoping everything checks out good cause its a pretty sweet looking boat.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's good to have a survey done to make sure engine and drive are in good condition it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Not sure if its a survay or not. But The motor and drive are getting looked at tomorrow. Compression test, drive completly gone through and water test.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had an 87 223ls, very solid boat and handles rough water well. Not a speed demon, but a solid boat. I never had the chance to get mine on some big water, but did have it on Lake powell for a weekend. 2-3' washing machine and handled great.

A good price would be around $8k if it's clean