Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Personal re-cap: Boyne Thunder 2014!!! >

Personal re-cap: Boyne Thunder 2014!!!

Notices

Personal re-cap: Boyne Thunder 2014!!!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Personal re-cap: Boyne Thunder 2014!!!

As I scammed 1 last "Summer Vacation" day from myself today!! I have been chill'n & reflecting on the long w/e of festivities of the event!! As always, get 2 C many boaters I only C up here 4 this event once a year but feels like it was just yesterday!! I had the pleasure as I do every year 2 take out a Camp Quality Camper & this year had a young lady also that is a long term survivor that hopefully enjoyed a casual boat ride down Lake Charlevoix!!! We had on the boat at the dock a really cool 5 yo Camper that we could not get out 4 the ride but he liked his dockside "ride"!!! Tears as I type this & U would understand if U had the pleasure of this little guys company!!! Anyway, As always, want 2 Thank all the participants as this event doesn't happen w/o U!!! All the marshall boats, pace boats & just so many people that volunteer their X, effort & I'm sure some financial interests in pulling this event off! I think the event came off real nice considering we have never dealt w this many boats & people!!! Mother Nature threw a bit of water at us but I don't think anybody melted!!! & boats get wet, right!!!!!! So, the book is closed & we get 2 look to 2015!! Thanx again everybody 4 making this the biggest, baddest BT yet!! C ya soon, Tracy
Old 07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was a great time! Thanks to all involved!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Tracy, as usual you guys knocked it out of the park!! I will be back next year, and sign me up to take kids for rides, hell I have a sli hook, lets take them tubing!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
As I scammed 1 last "Summer Vacation" day from myself today!! I have been chill'n & reflecting on the long w/e of festivities of the event!! As always, get 2 C many boaters I only C up here 4 this event once a year but feels like it was just yesterday!! I had the pleasure as I do every year 2 take out a Camp Quality Camper & this year had a young lady also that is a long term survivor that hopefully enjoyed a casual boat ride down Lake Charlevoix!!! We had on the boat at the dock a really cool 5 yo Camper that we could not get out 4 the ride but he liked his dockside "ride"!!! Tears as I type this & U would understand if U had the pleasure of this little guys company!!! Anyway, As always, want 2 Thank all the participants as this event doesn't happen w/o U!!! All the marshall boats, pace boats & just so many people that volunteer their X, effort & I'm sure some financial interests in pulling this event off! I think the event came off real nice considering we have never dealt w this many boats & people!!! Mother Nature threw a bit of water at us but I don't think anybody melted!!! & boats get wet, right!!!!!! So, the book is closed & we get 2 look to 2015!! Thanx again everybody 4 making this the biggest, baddest BT yet!! C ya soon, Tracy
Its all for a great cause, and lets just hope that the same kids are there again next year to enjoy it
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
Its all for a great cause, and lets just hope that the same kids are there again next year to enjoy it
And no new ones!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Great seeing everyone again, and a HUGE A+ to the team for putting on another spectacular event. See you all next year.

-Artie
Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Blue Oval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started giving rides to the kids with my Fathers old car club. My cousins daughter was a camper, she is married now and has a child,she has been cancer free for years. The guy who helped me put stereo wars wife was a camper. She is cancer free living a normal life. Great to know that we know some of the kids who have grew up and are doing good.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Good for the participants. Sharing the thrill of our boats is a fantastic experience that they will never forget. The blessings you receive will never be forgotten.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Great story T,does look like a go to event in the future.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We had a blast, and for such a great cause. Also thanks you to all the volunteers you did a great job. See you next year !!!