Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's in a Name; B U L L E T ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31524-whats-name%3B-b-u-l-l-e-t.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-23-2002 12:19 AM

What's in a Name; B U L L E T ???

1 Attachment(s)
OSO has some very knowledgable people here, and one thing I always wanted to know is; How many boat manufacturers have used the name BULLET for a boat model? :confused:
Let see how many manufacturer's names we can come up with....;)

Steve 1 08-23-2002 12:26 AM

Here is one Sharkey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bullet Boats, Inc.
P.O. Box 2202
Knoxville, TN 37901
(865) 577-7055

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-23-2002 12:41 AM

Yes, the BASS Boat Manufacturer........

Payton 08-23-2002 08:15 AM

Should we start to stockpile all the bulletboat.biz variations?:D :D

Boatshopping 08-23-2002 09:06 AM

Sharkey,

What can you tell me about these boats. I have been driving by a boat trying to figure out what it is and have decided it is a Bullet 130 because of the way the bow of the boat slopes downwards. I have been comparing it with your pictures. To the best of my knowledge it has been sitting covered for several years and appears to be unused. I was thinking of stopping by and trying to find the owner to see if he would get rid of it. It might make a good project. Is there anything to watch out on these older boats? Anything that I should look for right off the bat? How does the balsa core hold up? I wouldn't mind picking up a boat that I could clean up, rerig, and put on a motor. But I don't want a full restoration. I know the trailer is probably junk- very rusted and sunk into the ground where it is sitting.

Any advice would be appreciated!
John

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-23-2002 08:01 PM

Boatshopping, If you could get me the year of the hull I can inform you of alot of things. Not all boats were balsa cored. In fact very few. Look to see if it has a full inner liner. I would say if you can find one that was from early '86 & older, you would have a stronger boat. Before the company went out of business, the boats were getting laid up lighter to cut costs. They felt they were only rated for 25hp, so they began to build them to handle 25 hp. If a customer stated they wanted a heavier lay up, then it was done at a higher price.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-23-2002 08:10 PM

GREENGOS 08-23-2002 08:18 PM

Sharky,
    I don't know how many boat companys are using the name. But we have a amunition company. The BEAVER BULLET CO. and our motto is !
    "THE BEAVER BULLET COMPANY THE BEST SHOT IS A BEAVER SHOT" ;) ;)

NW_Jim 08-23-2002 08:20 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :eek:

timucin 08-23-2002 08:22 PM

BULLET-27
    produced by Alemdar Performance ; here in Turkey

:)