Yeah guys whats the plan?
Old 08-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up ? Anyone know ?
Old 08-26-2002, 07:41 PM
Registered

Yes whos coming, what day and what times?

BobbyB, 29Outlaw, VelocityMike and myself can pretty much come anytime, and hopefully "fandango" sees this, he just bought a cig this summer and is from here.

Everyone coming sunday and off monday (labor)day or what?

We could meet at the tiki bar and run up the river in the evening for dinner and then head back to the tiki bar for the rest of the evening.

There is other places to go of course all on the island within walking distance, if wanted.

Solomons Pier- on the river, outside bar, good place to hang, not to crowed
Catamaran's-upstairs bar with dancing(hip hop mostly) outside bar with same, younger crowd
Bowens Inn-bar, pool tables, music, older crowd mostly
Harbor Sounds- Bar, live band, mixed crowd, pool tables
-All these places serve dinner up untill about 9pm and they charge a cover from $5-10 for the night life.
There is other places to go in the day for ice cream, different little shops etc.....

And of course the tiki bar, no admission, free parking(boat) unless you stay over it's $1 a foot, can hang on pier or at bar/tables.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to have to remain a lurker until I find out if I have to work this weekend.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mark, 29, Mike, or Bobby; or someone in the S.I. area; can you set a time & place? I am not familiar with the area enough to do so. I would be happy to organize, but I am in Panama City, Florida all week on business, and will not return to VA until Friday night. I am out of pocket. We do not need to plan for an entire weekend, but lets say Sunday or something, say, meet at 11ish somewhere; wait for everyone and chat from 11ish to 1ish; then lets all ride for a while. Does this sound doable? Then we can all head for a local watering hole for early dinner, and people can head back to slips/trailers by dark. How does this sound to everyone. Please, someone follow up on this tomorrow. I will not be able to check OSO until tomorrow night. Lets make sure to keep everyone in touch as well, so we can expand the DC/MD/VA Winter Chill Out for 2003. I know some members of the RPBA are interested as well! Someone please step up; you know I would if I could!

Old 08-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Eric, drive down with Katy, and ride on my boat on Sunday!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Registered

OK, so meet at 11am at the Tiki Bar on sunday, pier and bar should be empty then

Then walk around the island and see things, get some lunch and then return to the boats.

Chat some and talk about our rigs or just get in and head up the river for a cruise, after cruise we can return to a beach(only one that we can really go to, all others pretty much private property) and hang there, swim, hang out on the sand for how ever long.

Then dinner at what ever time we should like to go, 5, 6, whatever, plenty of places on the river.

Return to the Island after dinner and then do what ever you would like, plenty of places to just hang out at and just be mello, or party or pack it up and leave if you would need to by that time.

Please Please Please, be my guest and make changes or suggestions as needed so we all can get together, and if we do start the run and you have to join later in the day, cool, that would be great also just to be able to get all of us together some time.

Also, are any young ones coming, we can definitly do stuff to keep them happy.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Sounds good Mark. Where is the beach you are talking about? That's good for me because I will probably have my wife & kids with me. Anybody else with kids? So ...

Is Sunday the day?

Meet at Tiki Bar (we should set a time to head out in case people arrive late)

Go up to beach and hang out.

Go back to Island for dinner or ??
Old 08-27-2002, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in tune with the Sunday thing. If I have to work this weekend, it would most likely be Friday night and daytime on Saturday. My work should be done by Sunday.

Quick Reply: Solomon's Island for Labor Day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.