Solomon's Island for Labor Day... >

Solomon's Island for Labor Day...

Notices

Solomon's Island for Labor Day...

Old 08-27-2002, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds good to me. I will be there at 11 on sunday then. And another good place to go is clarks landing restaurant. They have excellant food. Just bring some bumpers for the boat.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So meet at 11 and tour the island and do lunch or meet at like 1 and just head up the river, haveing everyone do there own thing for lunch before we meet?

Two beaches actually: there is one going over the bridge(towards calvert) on the left, by the water tower and there is another up the river at Williams Wharf on Battle Creek, Battle Creek is probably the better one(no people with fishing poles), but it does get filled up, if there is boats there we can raft up and hop off and swim, there is one side that is deep(for boats) and the other is shallow and goes pretty far out

Then when everyone gets hungry for dinner, head to one of the many places on the river.

P.S. dont forget to fill up the cooler so we dont get dehydrated.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sounds good to me, and I bet that all in the party coming down from NoVa are game. Ty, stop lurking and POST UP dude!!
Old 08-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Registered

I hear ya Brian... I have been busy praying that the weather report changes for Sat. and Sun. Seriously, if the weather is bad I am still going. I will just trailer instead of the ride around Point Look Out. The TV weatherman around here couldn't tell ya the weather yesterday much less 4 days from now . I know that other non-OSOers will be trailering to Solomon's or to Sandy Point and heading South. Andy with his '38 Cig, Frank with his 32 Hustler, Emil with his 32 Sunsation, Martin with his 33 Awsome Cat and some others that have given me a maybe. Apparently they have booked a room at Harrison's on Tilghman Island and there is a bikini contest going on either Sat or Sun. Either way I will let them know of the plans.

Ty
Old 08-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

I have family visiting for Labor Day but I think I'm in for Sunday! Where is the best place to trailer down to? I know that there is a public ramp near the bridge at Solomon's, but will that be swamped with weekend boaters? Thanks!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should not be any problem using the public ramp at Solomons. At the most, you will get 2-3 boats ahead of you but with 4 ramps operating, it's a minimal wait.

I use the ramp on the Navy Rec Center simply because it's in a protected harbor with zero wake.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Registered

I'm in I'll get the boat ready and my friend with the Formula is coming also but...... we have never been there, I've been as far south to Deale and Harrison's. I have not looked at charts yet give us an idea were to go please...

Doug
Old 08-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

Sometimes I wish my boat didn't sell so quick!!

I know you guys will have a blast. Not sure yet if we will come down for a ride or not. But I'll let you know Brian.

Thanks, Eric
Old 08-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Registered

Sorry guy's we won't make it, but would love too. I sold the
Formula through a friend and he does not won't to go that far
his Bandit engines burn too much to stay at my 80 mph comfortable ride speed. We may go as far south as Deale. Come on up.
Doug
Old 08-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Anyone else?

Quick Reply: Solomon's Island for Labor Day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.