Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Commentary: Center Console Futures >

Commentary: Center Console Futures

Notices

Commentary: Center Console Futures

Old 07-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Scott's biggest mistake was not taking Nor-Tech on for CC's when he had the chance and instead sticking with Cig. You now have a boat cover dealer in LOTO taking a 1/3 of Nor-Tech's CC production in a year and 95% of those boats have an owner before they are delivered to LOTO. Now he states there's a market for an even more upscale CC? I believe Statement, MTI, Nor-Tech, etc. already fill that niche.

I recently spent a few days as a passenger and behind the wheel of a 2014 34 No-Tech CC w/twin 300's on LOTO. I've logged many hours on LOTO in both go-fasts and sport cruisers I can see the appeal of the CC. We hauled 11 people from the 4MM to Ha Ha Tonka and back one day and not once did anyone feel cramped whether running or on anchor. The ride, cruising speed, and fuel burn was better with the CC than the 35' sport cruiser it replaced. It has the lines and more responsive feel of prior go-fasts and had many a bar patron stopping on the docks to take a closer look. While there, I helped with oil and gear lube changes on the Verados. Very easy. Nice to not to have to climb in a bilge. .
Attached Thumbnails Commentary: Center Console Futures-nor-tech.jpg  
Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott had nor-tech but when he bought pier 57 we had to give up nor-tech because of mti. Now he doesn't sell mti so I bet he regrets that move. BTW we did boyne thunder last weekend in my 39 nor-tech cc with 7 people on board with lots of room and we stayed in the middle of the pack all day running 65 mph. I left my 42 fountain at home lol

Last edited by bill63; 07-18-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Scott had nor-tech but when he bought pier 57 we had to give up nor-tech because of mti. Now he has lost mti so I bet he regrets that move. BTW we did boyne thunder last weekend in my 39 nor-tech cc with 7 people on board with lots of room and we stayed in the middle of the pack all day running 65 mph. I left my 42 fountain at home lol
So Scott "bought" Pier 57 and it was not really a merger?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Did most of the Outlaw Challenge in a 38' Statement with twins....this was us.

Never cramped, all having fun, the ride was amazing, and the cruise speed was 55mph.

Can't ask for much more.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it wasn't as much the closed bow vs. center console, it was the motors. I/Os had a decent advantage over outboards in the old days (I'm told) because of simplicity of the motor and availabilty of parts. The days of gapping points are long gone, and with it, the simplicity of the I/O motor. My last boat had a 496 Mag and it looked like NASA was involved in the design. Yes, it was reliable, but the local brick and mortar marine stores didn't even have an impeller in stock (parts availabilty advantage now out the window). My days of crawling around under an engine hatch are done, I'm trading the sound of through hull exhaust for the sweet smell of 2 stroke oil.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
For me it wasn't as much the closed bow vs. center console, it was the motors. I/Os had a decent advantage over outboards in the old days (I'm told) because of simplicity of the motor and availabilty of parts. The days of gapping points are long gone, and with it, the simplicity of the I/O motor. My last boat had a 496 Mag and it looked like NASA was involved in the design. Yes, it was reliable, but the local brick and mortar marine stores didn't even have an impeller in stock (parts availabilty advantage now out the window). My days of crawling around under an engine hatch are done, I'm trading the sound of through hull exhaust for the sweet smell of 2 stroke oil.
That is why the Talon was soo attractive when I was shopping for 1, it has this:
Attached Thumbnails Commentary: Center Console Futures-talon-victory-marine-680.jpg  
Old 07-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I would like to see some closed deck builds (37 AT, 39 TG type stuff in standard go fast trim but with triple outboards). There was a 38 PP- triple 300's but can't think of to many others. http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...bum=135&pos=25
Put your checkbook where your mouth is. We'll meet you halfway.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I couldn't ask for a better all around boat than my GTS. We had 16 people on the Key West run last year and it wasn't cramped. The boat handles all water conditions well, pump out toilet, stereo, satellite TV, radar, shade, and it's not too bad to trailer. The biggest complaint that I have is you have to remember to turn the engines off, because you can't hear them running Don't get me wrong, I drool over the Huntress and the MTI-V, but the beam on the bigger CC's is wider than I want to tow.
Attached Thumbnails Commentary: Center Console Futures-043.jpg  
Old 07-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
So Scott "bought" Pier 57 and it was not really a merger?
That is what I was told.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Put your checkbook where your mouth is. We'll meet you halfway.
I think AT and my checkbook are "more than halfway" apart......

I do think if Pat built one on spec it would be sold before he finished it! How fast do you think a 37 would be with 3-300's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.