Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody repitch or lab finish blackhawk props? >

Anybody repitch or lab finish blackhawk props?

Notices

Anybody repitch or lab finish blackhawk props?

Old 05-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Scarab P-29

Default Anybody repitch or lab finish blackhawk props?

I need to repitch my props as wondering if I should lab finish them too. Will I see results with the blackhawk? or should I change the gearset? already at 31p.

Old 05-23-2002, 08:26 AM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

We have a company that does awesome lab finishing and balancing work on any style HP propeller. Changing pitch is a little harder, it matters how much pitch you need to gain or loose.
Call me at the office 1-800-376-1616 Ext 208
Old 05-23-2002, 10:48 AM
AZDominator

I owned a Blackhawk drive w/29p for 5 years. When I first purchased the boat (25' Warlock Cat) I would hit the rev limiter @5150 77.6 mph (gps). About 6 months after I purchased the boat I had Gibbs Propeller Service in Lake Havasu City (928) 453-8000 thin and pitch to 30. Max rpm after this work was 5000 rpm and speed increased to 79.6 (gps). I did develop a small crack in one of the blades about a year later that I had repaired, worked great until I sold it. I don't know if the crack was a combination of the thinning and the charactoristics of the surface piercing drive or not. Make sure you keep an eye on the rear prop thrust washer on these drives, it'll save you ALOT of money!

Old 08-06-2002, 11:57 PM
blackhawk

Anyone else?

Old 08-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Registered

There is guy on Winni who had his 31P BlackHawk Props worked by a guy in CT, Hall Propeller. He had them repitched to 32 and a little more cup added as well. I also know that Chad Hill does BlackHawk props. Why do you need to repitch? I would only have those worked on as a fine tuning mechanism, if you are within 100-200RPM of where you want to be, then repitch. If you added a bunch of power, look to regear and start with a smaller pitch, to get you where you are close to max RPM.

Woodsy
Old 08-21-2002, 04:59 PM
blackhawk

I have done some research on the blackhawks props. Make sure you have a reputable company that HAS DONE a few blackhawk props. The blackhawk is a whole different beast. I have talked to a few people and have narrowed it down to three. One of them is Mercury Hi-Perf but they want $320 per prop. The other two were York and Sarasota Hill. Both have done several blackhawks and sound like they know what they are doing. Problem is, I get conflicting info from all three.

Also, do not thin the blades too much on the blackhawk props. I have heard that a good balance and blueprint alon may be good for 2mph.

Old 08-21-2002, 05:01 PM
blackhawk

Also, like Woodsy said, if you added power and need to bring your rpms down I would switch gearing.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:47 PM
Scarab P-29

Blackhawk have you had any work done on your props?

Old 08-22-2002, 10:12 PM
blackhawk

P-29, No, I haven't had my props worked at all yet. Our seasons are too damn short here so I will over the winter. I just started getting some info the last week or two.

Old 08-23-2002, 01:41 PM
CJC
Registered

Blackhawk,

There is a local guy here that may be able to help. I know he can do wonders with other props, not to sure what the deal is with your porps. His business is "The prop healer" and his name is Gary. Give him a call (315) 343-5674. If he can't, maybe he can open a new avenue for you. He probably won't answer, but if you leave him a message, he will always call back.

CJC

Quick Reply: Anybody repitch or lab finish blackhawk props?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.