Notices

41 apache worth.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
Might run the same speed but definitely not in the same conditions of REAL 4-6 ft seas. Remember many people say " I was out today in 6ft seas" and when you see the video, they're like 2-3ft. But I agree with your "2 moves"
100% correct but plenty of "offshore boats" never run in big seas......if it is rough, boat stays home. I know an old guy with a 525 38 TG that has never run WFO, he is a 50 mph cruise kind of guy. His favorite thing is to show off the power sliding door to the cabin.......like it is Star Trek or something!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

Razz 41- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQ3cl9UR2w
Razz at LOTO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5byUqOSEGs

Jay's 41 Apache: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELmN45re2A
Running Boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKJAD...5yf6-Q&index=8
Guy had great intentions and started with a good boat (running, decent condition) but once it was dismantled we never heard back again.

From the comments below the video:
Yes I have already started the planning stages and have done some computer art work to figure out my project plan for it. Going to do the work back to front, meaning paint the colors I want on it in the design from paint masks, so shoot the colors I want on the sides and deck, then use computer cut paint masks, then cover up the colors in the pattern and designs, then shoot the whole boat Cadillac Pearl white, then peel the masks exposing the colors underneath then clearing the entire boat.
Super Speed Master #3A big shaft drives. Yes Merc Drives, they made the speedmaster line for years and years for the bigger HP equipped boats where the TRS and Bravo drives would not hold up and would blow apart right away. So the SSM 3A drives were a great drive and still are. Konrad drives are making direct replacements for them and replacement parts as well so getting them repaired is not a problem. Props are interchangeable from #3a, 4, 5, 6 drives so I have an easy time finding props

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 07-21-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whatever happened to Jay13's 41 Apache? Is he running it now?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The problem is the boats are "underwhelming" in many areas. While we have all seen the Apache raceboats running 100 mph in 6 ft seas with Saccenti working the magic sticks but in reality a new boat with 565s will run the same speeds with modern amenities/styling and none of the hassle of maintaining a 30+ year old boat that needs huge HP to run 80 mph.

There seems to be 2 moves with Apaches:
1. Over restore, make it perfect for 3-4X what you could ever sell it for (Spirit of Apache 47 and Sacred Ground 41 come to mind)
2. Take the boat apart, restore it on a budget and it never sees water again (Jay 13 41 and Razz 41 boats come to mind). What kills me is both boats were running boats, looked fine before the "restorations" began........yet neither boat ever got put back in the water again! I suspect the 45 Apache Kid boat ended up this way also.
list up the makes of the "new" boats that will run with an apache 41 in big water... please there are none...
Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

100% correct but plenty of "offshore boats" never run in big seas......if it is rough, boat stays home. I know an old guy with a 525 38 TG that has never run WFO, he is a 50 mph cruise kind of guy. His favorite thing is to show off the power sliding door to the cabin.......like it is Star Trek or something!
you need to pick your friends more carefully lol
Old 07-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
list up the makes of the "new" boats that will run with an apache 41 in big water... please there are none...
Come on Rat.....the crowd is going to roar now......

37 AT with the DDC hull!
41 Pantera, 41 Saber!
Any Fountain, after all they have won more races!
Any Cigarette because it says #1, if it is a Lipship then double points because it will be better!
OL will make the list because they are the fastest Vee bottom on record now......

See the list will never end........

The point is, nobody is running these boats in big water like the boys did back in the 80's/90's like those race videos.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Razz 41- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQ3cl9UR2w
Razz at LOTO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5byUqOSEGs

Jay's 41 Apache: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELmN45re2A
Running Boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKJAD...5yf6-Q&index=8
Guy had great intentions and started with a good boat (running, decent condition) but once it was dismantled we never heard back again.

From the comments below the video:
Yes I have already started the planning stages and have done some computer art work to figure out my project plan for it. Going to do the work back to front, meaning paint the colors I want on it in the design from paint masks, so shoot the colors I want on the sides and deck, then use computer cut paint masks, then cover up the colors in the pattern and designs, then shoot the whole boat Cadillac Pearl white, then peel the masks exposing the colors underneath then clearing the entire boat.
Super Speed Master #3A big shaft drives. Yes Merc Drives, they made the speedmaster line for years and years for the bigger HP equipped boats where the TRS and Bravo drives would not hold up and would blow apart right away. So the SSM 3A drives were a great drive and still are. Konrad drives are making direct replacements for them and replacement parts as well so getting them repaired is not a problem. Props are interchangeable from #3a, 4, 5, 6 drives so I have an easy time finding props
i would take a boat with 3a's over a six boat after seeing the mait schedule for rebuilding 6s is 200 hours....
Old 07-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The point is, nobody is running these boats in big water like the boys did back in the 80's/90's like those race videos.
I wouldn't say it to that extreme because there are some of us that do and still ENJOY IT. These old resin buckets were made for this.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman

Bobby Saccenti is still building new boats........
Old 07-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 269 Likes on 132 Posts

A 50 Nortech, 46 Rough Rider, or a 47/52 Outerlimits will run circles around a 41 Apache with equal power and in any water.

With the market today, you can pickup all of them for under what they are asking for Allez Vite, Tonto, and Tatonka.

Todays tech is way ahead of the old straight bottom resin buckets and somebody on here had a good saying a little while back: "Nostalgia is one of the biggest blind folds in life"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.