Notices

41 apache worth.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

It will cost you roughly $20-25,000 per year to own a boat like that unless you build your own motors and drives.

This is my budget based on my Donzi, Twin 700hp Potter Engines. It does not include travel or poker run costs.

Yearly
$5000 - Fuel
$5000 - Storage
$5000 - Boat & Trailer Maintenance

Every 5 Years
$20,000 - Motor Rebuilds
$10,000 - "Oops I Broke...."
$10,000 - Upgrades
-----------------------------
$40,000 - Total ($8,000/year)
Old 07-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love these Apache Powerboats Threads....An Iconic brand that many love and some target, but nevertheless an incredible rough water performer. Carry on men! Up, up and awayyyyy!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDV7vHF2G4

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 07-21-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Come on Rat.....the crowd is going to roar now......

37 AT with the DDC hull!
41 Pantera, 41 Saber!
Any Fountain, after all they have won more races!
Any Cigarette because it says #1, if it is a Lipship then double points because it will be better!
OL will make the list because they are the fastest Vee bottom on record now......

See the list will never end........

The point is, nobody is running these boats in big water like the boys did back in the 80's/90's like those race videos.
the 41 saber is a resin bucket that cme out of the apache molds correct. i dont belive a 37 at will run with an apache 41, you ever see an o/l owner beat the piss out of his hi tech boat? in real 6 to 8s i would lofe to see the video... it you can find one. lol

granted saccentis new warpath is a beast that will run over a 100 with 725s, it a stepped hull and probably a few pounds lighter than an original 41 apache resin bucket, but basically the same boat as i understand it. i havent seen the new 41 pantera has one been delivered to a customer yet, is so what mph will it run with 725 a side? with out the weight/mass it wont be a wave crusher like a 41 apache period...
Old 07-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Todays tech is way ahead of the old straight bottom resin buckets and somebody on here had a good saying a little while back: "Nostalgia is one of the biggest blind folds in life"
Harley makes it work.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 729 Likes on 326 Posts

Does anyone owning an Apache that is running actually doing any mechanical system maintenance on their boat or do they shop it all out ? Guys like Jay13 had big ideas but he probably wasn't capable of maintaing the mechanical elements in boat, he seemed more interested in painting it. I'd say he ran out of money and/or skills. Last we heard he had a lifter problem on one engine.
ed
Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
the 41 saber is a resin bucket that cme out of the apache molds correct. i dont belive a 37 at will run with an apache 41, you ever see an o/l owner beat the piss out of his hi tech boat? in real 6 to 8s i would lofe to see the video... it you can find one. lol

granted saccentis new warpath is a beast that will run over a 100 with 725s, it a stepped hull and probably a few pounds lighter than an original 41 apache resin bucket, but basically the same boat as i understand it. i havent seen the new 41 pantera has one been delivered to a customer yet, is so what mph will it run with 725 a side? with out the weight/mass it wont be a wave crusher like a 41 apache period...

RM............you clearly missed the sarcasm in my reply! Everyone thinks their boat/brand is a wavecrusher!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Harley makes it work.
what "tech" are you referring to... the cnc cut plugs for the molds? the hi tech materials used today and vacuum bagging? that tech will enable the builder to build a nice "light" fast boat with 525's that will beat you to death in big water...

please for the love of god explain to me what new technology will make a 41ft 6500lb boat crush waves like a 41ft 10,000lb boat...

i look at my experiences with my cig mistress which is where the apache 41 came from. my mistress is built like a resin bucket apache 41. i dont know of a heavier 35ft boat on the market. and yeah running down the icw lots of new high tech 35ft boats with a lot less hp pass me.

but when they have hurricane warnings on the gulf and im out there hammering that beast through real 6 to 8s, the boat is totally at home, that boat doesn't groan, creak, or flinch in that kind of water. it just hits the next wave head on and pounds through it... i dont see any of those other high tech boats out there running in that stuff... not a one..

its the exact same thing with a 41 apache... 30 some years after coming out of the mold you can still run them like that with no fear of hurting them...
Old 07-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

47 with triple 800's just to spice it up a little
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k
Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 329 Posts

I suppose you could commission a heavier layup boat. Buyers seem to be demanding more speed however. If you commissioned a new resin bucket, I suspect it would depreciate faster. The cc guys seem to be more demanding of build quality and structural beef for good rough water capability. Witness all of the threads on the hull truth about build processes and techniques.

The gtmm 39 had beefier buildup to get a more solid feel according to the articles on it.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcXg_tkcyCQ We woke up a 41 today...

As stated Bobby is building new boats with new technology. I think it would be cool to see an epoxy 42 Chief with 540 Mercs and see how it sizes up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.