496 No responce when give throttle when first take off then fine - help >

496 No responce when give throttle when first take off then fine - help

Notices

496 No responce when give throttle when first take off then fine - help

Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 No responce when give throttle when first take off then fine - help

I found every so often when it try to take off after it was off and give it throttle nothing happens. No rpm increase or reaction. I did have an issue were the raw water filter filled up and had to clean it out were it was running a little hotter, but after it was fine. I know over the net you can not diagnosis, but was hoping somebody might have had this issue. Thanks they are 496 HO's 2004. The other one is fine. Both had the filters clogged, but the starboard side is the issue. once it runs it is great.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

So you filled your Sea Strainers up with sand/debris? Do you have strong water pressure out of the problem motor? Is it beeping/alarming?

Do you have mechanical cables from your throttle to the engine, or DTS, (fly by wire)?
Old 07-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mechanical cables yes all the way to the throttle body. They are tight and good. I believe water pressure is good as they run at 145 degree's but that is what i was starting to think. Maybe idle pump not flowing enough and maybe sensor on system but i am newer to boats. I reverse flushed them for 20 minutes each after cleaning, and flush after every use through valve. I was at a dock bar and tide went out and bottom of hull went in sand that is were I pull water from not drives. I does it when I am at 6 mph then try to take off just off idle then try and get on plane. The start and idle fine. Thanks for any help / advise were to check. As it does not do it every time