Notices

American Greed Bat Boat

Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default American Greed Bat Boat

Did anyone else catch last night's episode of American Greed? It featured the previous owners of the MTI Bat Boat.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 454captiva
Did anyone else catch last night's episode of American Greed? It featured the previous owners of the MTI Bat Boat.
I didn't watch the whole episode and missed the part with the boat. Was it the Charles Martin case? He had flashy cars, 17mm Ponzi scheme. Sometimes those shows just add clips for the dramatic effect but it may not be the actual stuff the scammer owned.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

It featured Darain and Cory Atkinson who ran the US Fidelis auto warranty scam. Very little coverage of the boat and LOTO.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I missed this one.

Big fan of the show though.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 454captiva
It featured Darain and Cory Atkinson who ran the US Fidelis auto warranty scam. Very little coverage of the boat and LOTO.
I will say, living in S. Florida when people are spending crazy money it often ends up not being theirs! I saw that MTI at the Miami Show, it was beautiful (paint was really detailed) but unless you are Bruce Wayne himself.......Why would you want that?

Ft Lauderdale had Scott Rothstein a couple years back (billion dollar Ponzi schemer). Guy lived in a very expensive section of Ft Laud with real billionaires living there yet Rothstein was outspending them! He was buying 4mm houses, knocking them down to have a waterfront view front and rear, fleet of exotic cars (often duplicate cars like 2 Bugatti Veyrons, multiple Rolls Royces/Bentleys). Spending money on nonsense isn't usually the sign of a person working hard for the money!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I will say, living in S. Florida when people are spending crazy money it often ends up not being theirs! I saw that MTI at the Miami Show, it was beautiful (paint was really detailed) but unless you are Bruce Wayne himself.......Why would you want that?

Ft Lauderdale had Scott Rothstein a couple years back (billion dollar Ponzi schemer). Guy lived in a very expensive section of Ft Laud with real billionaires living there yet Rothstein was outspending them! He was buying 4mm houses, knocking them down to have a waterfront view front and rear, fleet of exotic cars (often duplicate cars like 2 Bugatti Veyrons, multiple Rolls Royces/Bentleys). Spending money on nonsense isn't usually the sign of a person working hard for the money!
Pretty much spot on what these guys were doin. Sucked over a hundred million out of their business and reported $0 for taxable income!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of folks live above their means, I don't get it, eventually you'll get caught, a acquaintance of ours was a chiropractor and was making good money..........but no, that wasn't enough, he had to have two big boats and a houses St. Louis, LOTO and Florida, he embezzled millions money from medicare, he did it for 8-10 years, they finally caught him, he's lost everything, his house, all his stuff and is in jail now, dumb azz, live within your means for gods sake.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
A lot of folks live above their means, I don't get it, eventually you'll get caught, a acquaintance of ours was a chiropractor and was making good money..........but no, that wasn't enough, he had to have two big boats and a houses St. Louis, LOTO and Florida, he embezzled millions money from medicare, he did it for 8-10 years, they finally caught him, he's lost everything, his house, all his stuff and is in jail now, dumb azz, live within your means for gods sake.
Did he have the 50 Nortech Cat (boat had Mitcher T paint of a spinal cord going down the boat)?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I saw the show last night. I don't get it. These people steal from anyone they can. It makes it very difficult for those of us who are as honest as the day is long to raise money for legitimate ventures. I'm trying right now and its all but impossible
Old 07-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I got caught in a ponzi just 2 months ago out of Miami.

Scum is scum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.