Met one helluva guy today!!!!!!

Notices

Met one helluva guy today!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Met one helluva guy today!!!!!!

I have a shop in Cape Coral, fl. It is exactly 5 properties away from sutphen.

After living here in the cape since 2000, and originally from broward county, fl....I have run into nearly every piece of trash society can claim, and many of the polar opposite.

The polar opposite at hand is Richard sutphen! Holy or wholly crap!

Imagine.....if you will.....

A highly accredited world champion racer in many classes that ultimately caused rule changes due to his stellar performance vs the competition.

A boat manufacturer with no debt, no pending lawsuits, and no typical smear to his ongoing legacy.

Did I mention......salt of the earth and eager to discuss any and all aspects of offshore......poker runs....racing.....steps....pads....

You name it.......

I am selling several items in swap, and I needed a top mount counter rotate (trs boat) starter to run the motor for a buyers friend. I tried to get one from the guys around me (we have 7 shops marine related around us) and all were a no-go.

Never having stopped into sutphen, I figured what the hell? At least I can meet one of my neighbors.....

The slightest of details is that he had one, and gladly (I offered to pay) leant it to me...and offered his assistance if needed.

WHAT?!?!

Really!?!?

2014....... No one trusts anyone anymore.

After 2 minutes, I felt like I made a friend.....from now on. I totally forgot about the starter.....

We talked about everything boat related. Encyclopedia.....living and breathing....oozing passion without a hint of arrogance.

Sutphen should be added to your list of things to do if you have the chance to visit us......
Old 07-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I'm currently working on the '98 f2 sutphen and a 39, cool boats for sure. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone in the family but I hear nothing but good things from people that know them well.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bro.....hop a flight....you can stay with me....and I can take you to Rich, Denny, don and don jr, all very close....and nortec is only a couple of miles away......
Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Gotta finish some work first. Have about 10 unhappy boaters right now. But I need a vaca and my parents are shopping that area for a retirement home!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea! Next time I head South I'll have to drop by...
Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Encyclopedia.....living and breathing....oozing passion without a hint of arrogance.
That is rare today, didn't know they were around in those parts.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Once and a while we meet someone and from all outward appearances they give everything they have and just when we think the bucket is empty they reach down and give a little more. It could be a smile and thank you or in your case a needed part.

Yes, these folks are a rare breed

thank you for sharing

3pointstar
Old 07-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526603[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Met one helluva guy today!!!!!!-232f62064b2a6f1d68fe91965c64bb5a.jpg   Met one helluva guy today!!!!!!-775ecc863c4aad0062fa147037a275c9.jpg  
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

met Richie sr a couple years ago hanging out with Jim Simmons in the pits. great guy, I coulda talked boats for hours with him. super nice guy
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Bro.....hop a flight....you can stay with me....and I can take you to Rich, Denny, don and don jr, all very close....and nortec is only a couple of miles away......
Denny H? How is he doing? Great guy. Tell him Tony's Old Gun still doesn't run, but we;re getting closer!!!......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.