Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cruised Sonic 30SS to Nantucket! >

Cruised Sonic 30SS to Nantucket!

Notices

Cruised Sonic 30SS to Nantucket!

Old 08-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Miami

C Spray - for this weekend, partly cloudy also means partly sunny! Thunderstorms on the Chesapeak usually occur in the late afternoon and early evening. The weather builds from the South / South West. Keep an eye on those horizons after 3:00 pm. Once past Deale MD, there are not many places to put in quickly. Have emergency locations mapped out. The Bay can get horrible during these houtbursts. Helmets are great for the rain but get off the Bay during a T Storm.

Enjoy the adventure!

Paul

Old 08-29-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a great trip ! I do my boating in that area you went in up the bay from Newport. I did see recently the Detroit Eagle docked in Newport along with some other big boy"s and cruise ship"s. Was the Cunnard ship parked there also ? Actually the Outerlimits factory is right up there also in Bristol R.I.. I get to see some of them tooling around sometimes. I hope you enjoyed your NE. stay. KEN
Old 08-31-2002, 05:11 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C_Spray, thanks for the info on the motors. They sound like the next ones that should be in the boat. Good luck on your cruise!

Ken, thanks for the invite. I may cruise back to Shelter island this fall as it is such a nice area and I'd like to do some cycling/hiking on it. Perhaps we can toss a few drinks then.

Donzi, yep, a big cruise ship was parked just outside Newport. I have to confess I hate those things. Do you know they can dump raw sewage if just outside the three mile limit? We did see an outerlimits in Warwick R.I. I did not know the factory was there, but it makes sense as that is a nice huge bay to run 100+ on!

Old 09-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking It's been interesting so far.....

Wound up running all the way to Va. Beach from Havre de Grace (205 miles) on Friday. The first 160 weren't bad, but, oh those last 45!! We've stayed put at the dock at our friends for the last three days (rain), but hope to go for a quick cruise this afternoon when the winds shift to the south and the Bay lays down. In the meantime, I've got the new 10" color chartplotter mounted. Forecast looks good for the run to the Rappahanock tomorrow (60 miles).

This is great - what an adventure! 400 miles and 6 days to go....
Old 09-08-2002, 09:59 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are having a super trip C_Spray!

I wish I had a color chartplotter. I have made the mistake of running along a lat/long line instead of my track line. They all look pretty much the same on small scale. Only the X's of waypoints or turns look different to distinguish your plot lines, and only on large scale view.

Have a safe and fun conclusion to your journey!