If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Where does it go?

Wiring my new gauges and rocker switches and noticed that my warning alarm was unplugged. It has a piggyback female connector meaning wherever it was unplugged from will still have a wire hooked to it. I had no luck finding the obvious. Anyone know where it should connect?

Attached Images Attached Images

Mear Image
    Check your email Blackhawk..

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Isn't purple usually ignition, so it will be armed when the engines are running, but not armed when they are off? The brown wire then goes to all the various alarm sensors which close to ground.

Find a terminal nearby (probably on the ignition switch) which has a single purple wire with a spade connector plugged onto it. Unplug that wire, plug the piggyback connector from the alarm onto the terminal, and the plug the other wire onto the piggyback connector. (And hope the alarm doesn't stay on.....)
    Last edited by C_Spray; 08-24-2002 at 05:21 PM.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

C Spray, that's what I thought too, but my ignition doesn't have any spade connectors, they are screw connectors. I wonder if the original owner had to replace the ignition and the original ignition switch had the spade connectors?

Mark, just got yor e-mail, thanks. I'll check for a purple wire on the ignition marked "I".

How is it suppose to work? Isn't it suppose to "test" itself by alarming when the ignition is on but not running?

Found a purple wire on the ignition switch. Grabbed my muffs and hooked them up. Held the alarm wire on top of the ignition wire and turned the key, alarm went off. Started boat, alarm quit. It looks like that is how the "test" works(according to the idiotsticker under the ignition). I'm guessing that the previous owner replaced the ignition with one that had screw terminals instead of spade. If he did, he did one hell of a job, looks factory. But since every other connecter onder the dash is spade, that's what I .m assuming. I can see why he didn't hook it back up. That thing is loud and annoying!

Thanks for the help,

you don't need no stinkin alarm. I know something is wrong when you hear the loud BANG.

My Boats:
    1995 Nova Spyder
    Maximo FLA

Talking alarm's

Hay the under side of my dash had (has) the exact same wire lose when I bought it I think it is because of the lose nut behind the wheel of these boats I hooked it up (for 5 seconds) and then disconected it again

Yeah, I'm not hooking it back up either. I just wanted to know where it went when I do hook it back up. Probably when I sell it!