Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sunseeker Superhawk 48 in classified? >

Sunseeker Superhawk 48 in classified?

Notices

Sunseeker Superhawk 48 in classified?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunseeker Superhawk 48 in classified?

Does anyone know anything about this boat? http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49646-en.html

Anyone know what kind of cruise speed and top speed it will hit with the 525's? The boat has around 300 hours on it currently, what type of maintenance will the motors need in the near future?

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the owner, the boat is located in the Sandusky/Cedar Point area?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Plenty of threads on what happens to 300+ hour 525's.......might as well stock up on 3 sets of CMI headers (25K+)

90% sure that boat had the drives stolen recently, someone posted a thread about set of drives taken off a Sunseeker in that area.

EDIT: Wrong boat- http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-maryland.html
Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

I've seen the threads about the top ends needing work but when I spoke to a large Mercruiser / Formula dealer in my area and they said given the type of boat they wouldn't need the work, but I also spoke to my mechanic who only does performance motors and he said they should be freshened up. So basically Im hearing mixed things...

Is there anyway to tell if the headers need to be replaced without taking them all off? I also read CMI will fix the headers for a round $150 each? Has anyone done that and what long term success did it provide? This boat has been a freshwater boat its entire life as well.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

We have a 2001 48 coming on the market next week. Triple diesels, fresh water. www.performanceboatcenter.com
Old 08-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Can you email me more information. Im looking to make a move yesterday. [email protected]
Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

BROMAGUIRE,

We just took the 48 out for a demo, ran 48mph, all serviced. Just took pictures, will email soon.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Your boat if bought your money. I would say a high percentage of 525 guys would say go trough heads at 300 hours. Pressure test headers at least once a year. Not joe over here that replaced a spark plug on a lawnmower. I have been looking at 42 fountains with 525s and already know that at 300 the heads will be gone through and pressure test headers once a year.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Mike.....

Found a 2006 42 for u.

Not sure on price yet......don sr. Has it at his shop in ft Myers. Low hours.....has 6's.....not sure about power...
It fell off forklift in Naples, rich sutphen is doing the repair work....
Old 08-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Your boat if bought your money. I would say a high percentage of 525 guys would say go trough heads at 300 hours. Pressure test headers at least once a year. Not joe over here that replaced a spark plug on a lawnmower. I have been looking at 42 fountains with 525s and already know that at 300 the heads will be gone through and pressure test headers once a year.
What's the process to pressure test the headers? Do they need to be removed to do this?