Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31622-where-everyone-staying-races-grand-haven.html)

dyno 08-26-2002 06:33 PM

I'm staying at Keenan in Spring Lake to be closer on race day...I'm going to be a patrol boat .

candyman35 08-27-2002 09:28 PM

I just reserved a slip for Saturday night at Eldean's In Holland. Now I need a room. Any suggestions?
Dan

MIdnightRider 08-27-2002 09:30 PM

Get a room in GH!!!!! So we CAN PARTY DAM IT!!!!!! Midnight:cool:

Waterfoul 08-27-2002 09:40 PM

I'm gonna put in at Grand Haven early Saturday morning and probably rough it on the wall or beach in Grand Haven. I think we should meet up on the beach on the river in Grand Haven before the races. What does everyone else think?? The beach will probably be crowded but we should be able to find eachother that way. Or maybe you just stay on the wall chad and everyone can look for you and meathead there????

32fever 08-28-2002 09:47 AM

Originally posted by candyman35
I just reserved a slip for Saturday night at Eldean's In Holland. Now I need a room. Any suggestions?
Dan

You bringing a bat boat up? Sleep in that Fountain! Or is it full of M&M's? :D:D:D

Mark

MIdnightRider 08-28-2002 04:42 PM

Getting a room when you own a 35' boat? Now there's a sign that you are entirely too old to be boating. Or have entirely too much money!:D MIdnight:cool:

candyman35 08-28-2002 05:35 PM

MIdnightRider,
Dude read my mind! :mad: ;) :p :p I'm coming up there with a buddy, Obnoxus and possibly 1boatnut. All of us guys in my 35'? I don't think so! Now if the crew consisted of some of the lady's I've seen on your boat. :D Vicki is staying home this weekend so its guys weekend out!
Is your buddies boat listed anywhere? We may try to catch up with him this weekend.

32fever,
I saw you pass by at Michigan City last weekend. We were over by the Black Thunder boat when you came up the river.

I think were coming up Saturday morning unless the weather looks bad. How is viewing the race by land if we come up last minute on Sunday? I'm not familiar with that area. I'd prefer taking the boat. I want to head into GH Saturday afternoon and check out the pits.

If I had all of Midnight’s money I'd give one of those Bat boats a try. :D Definitely wouldn't want to sleep on one!

Dan

32fever 08-28-2002 06:02 PM

Dan,
Ooooooohhh, okay I see. You don't feel like being the meat in the sandwich. Okay, then, get "a room". LOL! "uh, yes ma'am, the twin bed is fine"...... Yes, much more cosy than that wide v-berth on the Fountain. LOL! Just kiddin'. All I can tell ya on the hotels is ask Rambunctious, Waterfoul, Red Stripe, KAAMA, and they may be able to help, or search the net.

I'm not sure about the weather, but the rain date is Monday for the race, so if' it's that nasty, we'll hang out at the marina and eat some of that wood fired pizza:-) Otherwise, if it's nice enough to race, we'll be going by boat. I'm not sure what you'll be able to see from shore.

Checkin' out a Black Thunder, eh? Hmmmmm.... We ran up Sunday just for the day for a "road trip" then headed back here and hung out at the beach with the group. Just wanted to have a quick look see.

Why isn't Dennis pulling up the Baja? Does he feel sorry for you and coming to help anchor your boat? Heck, he better ride with us, then. :D:D:D Either that or he's concerned we'll damn near hit his boat again. Man did that suck and I feel like a schmuck for not having my own anchor set better.

Oh, and if I had Midnight's money, I'd buy that Black Thunder you were looking at, and a Bat Boat. And throw my 32'er away. :D:D okay, maybe just put it in the living room of the house I'd have built. LOL!

Mark

Intolerant1 08-28-2002 06:51 PM

Well Im heading for South Haven Friday afternoon to pick up the trailer and boat. We may stay over until Saturday but I have alot to get done in the next week. I may head up to Grand Haven Saturday...maybe. If I do, I may just spectate from land...maybe bring the boat????? Candyman, I think I still have your cell. If I do come up, maybe Ill give you a ring to see where the "gang" is hangin. At the very least, Ill bring a cooler :cool:

Payton 08-28-2002 07:10 PM

We won't be ariving until late afternoon on sat. We'll get the boat in the slip. I'm not sure that we will do anything else with the boat untill Sunday.

My cell #
219 746 4118