Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31622-where-everyone-staying-races-grand-haven.html)

candyman35 08-28-2002 07:57 PM

32fever,
:D :D :D I think Dennis is going boat shopping this weekend. I'm going to try and help him spend his money. What are friends for.

My Fortress broke lose twice at the Air show. That bottom was all mud. The Fortress anchors don't work well in the mud unless you have the attachments from Fortress, which I am ordering. I have to leave Sunday night so I hope the weather is good.

Intolerant1,
708-218-1566. Saturday I think we are going by land to see some boats that are for sale. I also hope to make it to the dry pits and meet up with some members in the afternoon. Saturday night is up for grabs. I'm sure Midnight has a couple of suggestions!

Payton,
Where did you guys get a slip? Are you running into GH on Saturday to check out the pits?

Dan

Reindl Powerboats 08-28-2002 08:32 PM

We will be there and still have a few boats for lease. We will be staying on the bat boats... just kidding. Maybe the 28, but not the 24.

Cord 08-28-2002 09:09 PM

Chris-we'll be there and would like to take up an offer of a demo ride. To be honest, we just got a boat and are not in the market, but I really would like to see what the hull is all about.

MIdnightRider 08-28-2002 10:10 PM

Candyman- I have two boats to see, 96' 38 avenger, it will be in the water to see Sunday, and a Mint 1990 33' Powerplay with 700sc's Fresh, Fresh, Fresh. Saturday night we are doing the entire Grand HAven circuit. Midnight:cool:

32fever 08-28-2002 10:23 PM

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
We will be there and still have a few boats for lease. We will be staying on the bat boats... just kidding. Maybe the 28, but not the 24.
Can you say fetal position? :D:D

So, will there be "demo rides" as Cord mentioned? I thought those were only if one chose to lease. Or did I miss something? When would those be if you had them? Sat???

BTJ88 08-28-2002 10:31 PM

Sleeping in a Bat Boat

Been There - Done That.:eek:

If anyone is going to try this, please see me for pointers.:D

Red Stripe 08-29-2002 12:44 AM

When are the Reindl bat boats getting to G.H.
I would like to get a closer look at them sometime before the weekend is up.

Payton 08-29-2002 12:51 AM

Candyman, we have a slip at Eldean's in Holland and are staying at the Days Inn

Sounds like the weatherman is saying 5 mph winds out of the wsw. Sounds pretty good!!:cool: That's for Sunday.

candyman35 08-29-2002 01:09 AM

Payton,
I have a slip at Eldean's also. I need to find a room tomorrow. We are trailering up to Holland. Are you coming by water? Do you want to go to the pits on Saturday? I'm counting on good weather for Sunday. I have to work Monday.
See you there,
Dan

fred 08-29-2002 05:42 AM

I'll be staying at Great Lakes Marina in Muskegon and coming down to G.H. on Sat. and Sun, would be neat to meet somewhere as Waterfoul said like on the beach in the river before the race starts....Fred