Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven? >

Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Notices

Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Old 08-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BoatChic

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K. So the races start at noon on Sunday. Shall we say meet on the beach (or as close as you can get if it's packed) on the north side of the river in Grand Haven (directly across from the Municipal marina where the pits are, kinda under the musical fountain area of the big hill) between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m.???? Does that work for everyone??? That gives us a little time (not much though) to get out of the channel and set up at a good spot to watch before the race starts. Or we can meet earlier if everyone thinks we need to????

And my plans have changed a bit......Saturday going by car to check out the pits and talk to some racers I know (that would be you Fry!!!) and see the awsome display of high HP fiberglass!!!! Launching EARLY Sunday morning for the races. Possibly in Muskegon as the Grand Haven ramp will be nutso by about 9:00 or so.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Intolerant1

OK, heres my plan. I am going up Friday. Do you guys think there will be anything worth going up to look at in Grand HAven on FRiday? On Saturday, I am spending the day beating the absolute piss out of my boat near South Haven. Its already in the water waiting for me and this is not only the last time I will use it this year, its the last time this motor will see combustion in its current form If the water is bad, we may drive up to Grand Haven, if its reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy smooth, I have a full tank of fuel to burn so we might just run it Grand Haven and back. I mnot even worrying about my spine this time...hell theyre cuttin it open and rebuildin it in a few days anyway. Hmmmm same deal as my motor....anyone see a trend here

So if I dont see you guys up there, have fun...I sure will be!

Old 08-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Intolerant1

29Scarab, If we go by water would you like to go with us? Shoot me number where I can call you on Friday when we get into town.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 240 Likes on 127 Posts

Heading to G.H. early Fri. a.m. going to try and find a slip whever I can or take the best of whatever there is to chose from.Fingers crossed. May end up on the wall for a couple nights or trailerin' back and forth-depends on the weather-if ya see my Powerquest 237 Stryker with the blue squiggle graphics , stop by and say hey!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Intolerant1
Man, good luck with the rebuilds! The spine and the engine.

We will be getting up there after you leave, so Have a good time.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:41 PM
MIdnightRider

Were Runnin for Titles Saturday and Sunday from South Beach(Rosie Mound) to Port Sheldon, anybody in! Midnght (Naturals Only!)

Old 08-29-2002, 11:54 PM
Registered

Just got home. The trailer has some new bearings, six new wheel cylinders (4 were toast), seals and fresh grease. Thanks to all those who told there trailer horror stories the last couple of weeks. I listened and should be fine now.

Waterfoul,
Where's the best place to watch from? Will I need two anchors if we go to the beach location?

We have a slip in Holland. I plan to check out the dry pits early Saturday and then check out your side of the world by water. Plan to head over to GH after putting the boat away Saturday night. Where is everyone going to be?

Dan
Old 08-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris,

It sounds like you plan to run hard this weekend. If you want company Sunday I will try to keep up with you on the way to Grand Haven. I will be up Saturday changing the oil. Call or stop by, my S.H. # is 639-1640.

29scarab,

You can hook a ride with Chris or me but I won't want to hear how everything is bigger in Texas. I've been there and know better.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Intolerant1

The weather looks great. Light east / northeast wind.

Quick Reply: Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.