Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!! >

I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!!

Notices

I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!!

Old 08-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!!

Truck tranny started doing the same thing as before when I got there (at least I got there!!). Thanks Gordo for truckin me around on Friday. Dealer got it good enough to get me home, in fact, it drove like new all the way home. Only cost me $53. My computer had 14 error codes when the plugged into it!!! They couldn't believe it even ran. Then, the boat would not go into reverse on Saturday morning. Turns out the shift cable linkage had slipped down in the slot on the shift lever on the linkage plate. Of course I had taken all my tools out of the boat for my shootout run!!! Got it as tight as possible and it worked the rest of the day. Only ran 59 on Saturday in my shootout run. I was disapointed to say the least because earlier in the day I hit 60.2 with G-Force, his girlfriend, my girlfriend, and two coolers on board. Oh well. Sunday morning I switched to a bigger prop that MacDad260 loaned me for the weekend. Bravo 1 24" wheel. Got 64.3 on GPS while testing with a half tank of fuel. SWEET!!!! Dropped the lady off with Griff to make my run. Ran the same damn speed as on Saturday!!! The course was flat as a board, hardly a ripple and my boat does not like that. Top it off with me over trimming it a bit and you have another slow run. Yesterday (Monday) I got 63.5 running next to Griff in his Pantara so I know it wasn't the motor, it was the conditions (it was a bit choppy while I tested on Sunday morning and again yesterday). Damn flat water.

So overall, I had the slowest run of the entire shootout if I remember right. Got beat by two pontoon boats and a deck boat. Damn.......

Mike
Old 08-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing I didn't run, or you might have gotten beat by a SEA RAY!
Old 08-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cheer up!!

Originally posted by Waterfoul
....I had the slowest run of the entire shootout if I remember right. Got beat by two pontoon boats and a deck boat. Damn.......Mike
Maybe - But that Formula sticker you sent me awhile back looks really cool and makes me think positive thoughts about you every time I see it.
Don't let it bug you - at least you were out boating and you had a good time.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike, glad to hear you got some runs in!! and had a good time.

I've got a slip at Eldean's for Sat. and Sun. We should see you out on the lake somewhere.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Good seeing you again too Troutly. And your wife!!! he he he

Thanks C-Spray!!

And hope to see you again this weekend Payton!!!

Waterchicken.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:59 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!!

Your Cursed

Your problems have nothing to do with LOTO.
Truck had problems before LOTO
Boat would run the same speed under the same water conditions at home.

Now lets talked Cursed!!!

I am cursed at LOTO

Well at least when it comes to BACK WATER JACKS @ LOTO

@ years in a row I have some sort of falling problem there

Last year I landed on the edge of the boat
this year I land in the WATER

Seems to me that MY BOAT AND BWJ are not made for each other

I just know that G-Force was wanting a camera when this happened
Old 08-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hugh, I am sooooo sorry you FELL OFF YOUR OWN BOAT at Back Water Jacks. Just kidding pal. I didn't actually see it happen, all I saw was G-force jumping into your boat and start driving it around in circles while you got out of the water on the back of Griff's Pantara!! I was hoping you got in on purpose!!! Maybe it's the combination of BOTH of us being at BWJ's at the same time as I was the only one there that was there last year too!!!! Or maybe it's just YOUR boat!!! Or.....or.....or......hell, who cares. We had a good time anyway!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Registered

Hey waterfoul,

I lost you guys saturday morning. You were leaving the condo complex after picking someone up. I was the one in the Baja asking about the 10:30 meeting. The wife wanted to check out those condos a little and we looked up and you were gone. We just went straight to party cove and couldnt tear ourselves out of there in time to catch any of the shootout. Next time
Old 08-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Then there's Tanned Fat's wife falling off the boat at the Salty Dog. Just simply stepped off the boat and into the water. Not anywhere near the dock, just stepped off the boat!! And yes, Al was involved in this incicent. Al Cohol that is!!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

BWJ's is not for the inexperienced "Boat Hopper". i always make sure i wear my golf spikes when walking across the boats....better traction ya know.

Quick Reply: I am CURSED at LOTO....but I had a good time anyway!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.