Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Power Stroke or Duramax (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31640-power-stroke-duramax.html)

Intolerant1 08-29-2002 02:17 PM

Wildboy, you will see that I did say that mine makes about the same as yours but mine is chipped. Yes, my chip took a **** and cost me about $200 to get it right. My truck also weighs alot less than yours. Yours delivers very smooth decieving acceleration. Mine is more abrupt like comparing a 67 to a 97 Corvette. Similar power just different delivery. I just think a $4,000 spread between two similarly equiped vehicles is not justifiable.

Wild Horses 08-29-2002 02:32 PM

Yeah Yeah Yeah.......... Wait till I come out to your neck of the woods and hook up a chain and drag yas screamin butt down the road. :eek:

Are your trailer and boat home from the axle adventure?
PM me. Wife and Sept. 5th update would be nice.

WH

Dregsz 07-10-2005 06:12 AM

Re: Power Stroke or Duramax

I've been a Chevy guy for years but I hate the styling on the new trucks and bought a 7.3 PS Excusion a few moths ago. Sure, I miss the way my Dually tows, but The 7.3 Powerstroke motor is a monster.
Pulls hard up steep hills towing 7500 lbs and doesn't stop pulling hard until I lift off the gas.
The Excursion get 22 mpg on mixed hwy/city driving.
I love the motor, now, if I could just put a dually rear end and tires on it...

Buddy OO 07-10-2005 08:17 AM

Have a 04 ford 250sd with the 6.0psd with 373 gears and a edge chip with attitude. Have no problems pulling my 50v nortech that weighs 17,000 and the gooseneck myco that weights 4,000 thats 21,000 pounds, pulled it from Ft. Meyers to Miami last year at the key west poker run and back. Have pulled it from St. louis to loto several times. The truck is a beast. Also pull 36 Nortech cat on Myco bumper hitch at around 12,000 no problems, I use it alot to pull my skidsteers and dump trailers, they weigh between 12,000-14,000lbs, have over 50,000 miles on it, never had a problem, Not many 3/4 ton trucks that can pull 21,000 pounds and still get 12-13mpg. I like the Ford because of the size of the truck overall especially the interior very comfortable. The Duramax is a great truck as well. Just seems the Ford is more of a truck vs. Chevy. With the edge chip its unbelievable how fast the truck is. keeps up with my vette convertible for a while. Looking at a new one now because of the deal on a ford, can buy a new one 3k less than I paid for my 04.

buck183 07-10-2005 11:32 AM

Who decided to dig up a three year old thread? :eek:

Buck

miamioffshore 07-10-2005 02:26 PM

I just had to ad my say about the baker grade in California. Man that should be the proving grounds for towing. I've never been up that thing without seeing a vehicle of some type not towing anything that overheats and has to pull over. There are signs everywhere telling you to turn your a/c off because you will overheat. Its grueling either way going to Vegas or coming back to Cali.