If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    1984 Chris Cat
    Troy, Mich

Support your local American car Co.

Don't buy a rice burner!

You did not include a Bonnevielle SSEI on the list.

Drive one and I think you will be amazed, plus the Pontaic dealer can roll the financing over via GMAC and you WILL get the best trade in.

Wannabe in Motor City

Platinum Member Platinum Member TomZ's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 242LS
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Anyone know anything about the Lincoln LS Sport V8? I've seen them one to two years used with low mileage going in the mid $20's. Not quite a BMW but damn close for the money. The Jag S-Type I believe shares the same platform. I've never owned a Ford product though, and I am worried about quality. But in terms of this car I don't it fits within the standard relm of Ford automobiles. I REALLY like this car.. at least from seeing it around and on the internet.

My father-in-law has a 2000 TL (not the Type S) that is very nice, but it to me it comes off as rather plain. It rides excellently and will definitely get down the road, but its looks don't do anything for me.

Cadillac... now that's a car. The STS is a now a World Class car, and I'd love to have one. Everyone else seems to think so as well (there are a lot of them around here). I'd have to drive one to see what it's like (haven't sat in any of the new ones).

I don't really care to much for the CTS. It just looks a bit strange to me PLUS it's not even a year old yet. I'd like to see it in a couple years.

The Bonneville doesn't do anything for me. I liked the previous generation much more than this one. This one looks a little too wild for my tastes. As far as GM is concerned I think the Vette and a Cadillac are the only cars I would consider.

Ahhhh... decisions.
    '89 Formula F-242 LS

just sold my black bmw 540i 6 speed, never thought i would miss a car so much!!!!!!

My Boats:
    1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
    On the river
    Throw some dough on a new Deville.. all black... rip off all the chrome, black out the windows and add a tastful pinstripe and if you like slam that bitooooch on the ground

" if the doors ain't draggin don't be braggin"

Chesapeake Bay
    Look into a Chrysler 300M. 1999 Motor Trend car of the year. 252 horsepower. Plenty of room. They come pretty well loaded with leather, etc. All for around $30K. Not bad... Good Luck.

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    "I've never owned a Ford product though, and I am worried about quality."
    I hope this doesn't start the age-old Ford - Chevy debate on your thread. If it does, I apologize in advance. Anyway, my opinion is that if you were happy with the quality on your Firebird, you'll be thrilled with the quality on a Ford.
    I went from a Yukon to an Excursion, and IMHO, they aren't even close. The Ex is just worlds better.
    That said, I wouldn't compare the quality of either one to the Acura or BMW - not in the same league.

Charter Member Charter Member 32fever's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits & PowerPlay 185
    Granger, IN
    We have a 528 and love it. While it's not as quick as a 540, my wife doesn't need the extra power We'd probably go to a 530 or 540 if we had to get a new car. Only wish they had better cup holders.

We drove a Lincoln LS for a day as a loaner while the car was in for maintenance. The Lincoln has a loooooooonnnng way to go to imitate the Bimmer. And it's not a very roomy car.

My cousin had one and just got a new one, but he's single, too

Now, I heard from someone that bought an Acura they didn't want to deal off sticker. I'm not sure if that's true or he's not a good negotiator, but I wouldn't buy one simply based on that alone. I want to know I'm getting a lil' sumpin' off the top.

How about a Vette with a U-Haul trailer for the kids?

Chesapeake Bay
    Originally posted by Curt
    How about a Vette with a U-Haul trailer for the kids?
    I think Curt is on to something. Check out this site:

how about a brand new 2003 harley davidson 100 th anv. road king classic. ?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast