Drew Marine SIdewinder installation help >

Drew Marine SIdewinder installation help

Notices

Drew Marine SIdewinder installation help

Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drew Marine SIdewinder installation help

I got a good deal on a like new Drew Marine SIdewinder and I am trying to install it on my Baja 240 sport (Same Hull as mid 90s 25 Outlaw)

I am having a problem installing the bracket to the transom.... Thought we had it measured correctly and drilled holes to mount the bracket. The holes go into an area that is under where the battery sits and there is no access to this area.

I then tried to install it with 3' lag bolts. It seemed to work till I started turning the steering wheel and noticed that the bracket was moving side to side when turning the wheel. I dont think the lag bolts got a good bite

So tonight my buddy and I are going to try to make an "access hole" on the inside of the hull bilge where the battery sits to try to get access to the inside back of the transom to try to get to the back of the bolts and use a through bolts this time

I hope what I thinking there will work... Does anybody have any tips of pointers for this?

Thanks!