Notices

Help!! Ants on boat...

Old 08-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help!! Ants on boat...

Think I got most of them vacuumed up but want to leave some traps or spray just to be sure. Anybody have this problem? Found them walking up the power cord. You can bet I'm removing that tonight.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

One word - Avion, get it on Amazon or Ebay

However I do feel guilty and am sure it will result in some kind of bad karma
Old 08-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here at are slips dam ants all over!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:27 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,086 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Hopefully they are after sweets, not wood.

Unrelated to boats but still ants: Wanna melt the whole damn colony ? Show them a damn bottle of Carb Clean.

I always had problems of different colonies around the yard and driveway (I live on dirt driveway area) and nothing would work all that well.

Until they met what I know best and use most ------ Carburetor Cleaner.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

Avion is sneaky, they love it, it does not take them out immediately. They track it back to the nest and BAM - finito

Takes a day or two to eliminate the stragglers. I had a colony that made my kitchen a second home - by by ants

omg - bad ant karma
Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s022mag
Think I got most of them vacuumed up but want to leave some traps or spray just to be sure. Anybody have this problem? Found them walking up the power cord. You can bet I'm removing that tonight.
Just what you need.....I'll give you some of my spiders..
Old 08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Or go to "do my own pest control .com" they sell a powder that you sprinkle around that will eliminate them and any that show up in the future. I had a yellow jackets nest the size of a small car in a void in my ceiling over the garage, I bought this powder and a puffer and blasted it in the entrance ( the hole where they go in/out) and it wasted the whole colony..Bad Azz stuff, wasp spray didn't do Sh*t, one puff of this Tempo Dust and Viola.. Now I puff in to any voids around and any wasp or bee that even goes in and has a look is toast, Best stuff ive EVER Seen.. and it cost $10-15....Do It....

CNC......They Have one for Spiders & Roaches too....I sprinkle that around and get the same thing, any bug that shows up is still laying there later. I'll never buy another spray

Last edited by fastdonzi; 08-07-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

identify what type of ants they are first. Ants that are after sweets and food are easier to kill with products like Terro. Carpenter ants (usually whats on boats) are tougher, I had them on an old Scorpion I had and it took a couple of those bug bomb aerosol things but they were gone pretty quick with those.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's sweets they are after mix up powdered sugar and baking soda half and half they eat it up then blow up.
I didn't believe it at first, but it works! I hate them efing critters!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
identify what type of ants they are first. Ants that are after sweets and food are easier to kill with products like Terro. Carpenter ants (usually whats on boats) are tougher, I had them on an old Scorpion I had and it took a couple of those bug bomb aerosol things but they were gone pretty quick with those.
i9 did the same thing to a customers boat,,they were coming out of the wood work like crazy..i must of sucked up a thousand of them..they were in the stringers and all.i think the boat was built with bad wood and they were still in it lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.