Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Buying off Facebook swapshop... >

Buying off Facebook swapshop...

Notices

Buying off Facebook swapshop...

Old 08-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill see if he will do COD, if not Im not doing it. Too much money to get screwed on... plus with closing on a house next week, this isnt probably the smartest thing to do... LOL. But then again... look at the amount of money we all put in our boats.. lol

Hell if anybody is near buy Owensboro Kentucky... Ill pay ya to check it out and ship it for me. Name your price...LOL
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

I've got a good buddy that lives in Owensboro and is a boater. If you are really serious, I can see if he would be willing to take a look at it for you. Additionally, I would post this down in one of the regional sections and see if someone from Owensboro will step up.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
Ill see if he will do COD, if not Im not doing it. Too much money to get screwed on... plus with closing on a house next week, this isnt probably the smartest thing to do... LOL. But then again... look at the amount of money we all put in our boats.. lol

Hell if anybody is near buy Owensboro Kentucky... Ill pay ya to check it out and ship it for me. Name your price...LOL
You got enough on your plate.....don't mess with "flipping used parts sight unseen".........

FYI greedy people are the easiest victims for scammers.......they look past the obvious red flags because they are blinded by the gold in the future!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

For such a "screaming deal" it's worth it to make the drive there so you can see it first hand then pay cash. There is so much that can go wrong, even possibility for receiving stolen property. The super low price on an item can be legit, just beware Usually if it's too good to be true....
Old 08-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I've got a good buddy that lives in Owensboro and is a boater. If you are really serious, I can see if he would be willing to take a look at it for you. Additionally, I would post this down in one of the regional sections and see if someone from Owensboro will step up.
yeah Ill do that.. tell him Ill pay him which Him and I can work out... but just give him a heads up Ill call him or he can call me.

248-921-1502

I agree this might not be the right move... it would be quick money on re sell. Thats it. Even though I COULD use this with my 490hp 383 with my boat... but the SS has held up just fine(knock on wood).
Old 08-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4,202 Likes on 1,204 Posts

The seller doesn`t have a paypal account but hes on Facebook? Sounds fishy.
I wouldn`t send a G note to anyone I didn`t know.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Yeah... he said he has no ebay or paypal account.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
I have the opportunity to buy something I need off the powerboat swap shop on facebook which Im sure most of you know about. My question is how do you guys go about payment with the seller has no paypal account and say its 1000.00 bucks... I feel pretty weird about sending a money order to that person I dont know and isn't local to me... what if he doesn't send the freakin thing?? I know Im probably being paranoid, but I'm a very paranoid person when it comes down to buying something from someone i dont know and on top of the fact they are 1,000 miles away. Are there any ways to insure your protected? I have the guys home address, facebook and phone number... thing is he doesn't have a paypal account... hes a little old school.

Its just there are crazy stupid people in this world and Im not about to get screwed over of 1000 bucks... thats a crap load of money for me. The item Im buying is worth times that so... even IF it needs a rebuild Ill still will be ahead of the game.

ANY comments welcome...
What is his name? I recently purchased a few items from a guy who didn't have PP. I called him and he took a CC over the phone. He sounded like a straight shooter on the phone. 2 days later, I received my stuff. If it's the same guy I think your fine. You can PM me if you don't want to post his name here.

just looked up the shipping label. My guy was from TX.

Last edited by low_psi; 08-08-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Nope... hes from Kentucky. 8 hour drive for me... not doing that.... sh*t... 16 hours. No thanks.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 411 Likes on 247 Posts

I can check it out for you. I am close by and if it is legit, I will just pay the guy and we can work out the details. Give me a call if you like. 812 202 0403 Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.