Buying off Facebook swapshop... >

Buying off Facebook swapshop...

Notices

Buying off Facebook swapshop...

Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying off Facebook swapshop...

I have the opportunity to buy something I need off the powerboat swap shop on facebook which Im sure most of you know about. My question is how do you guys go about payment with the seller has no paypal account and say its 1000.00 bucks... I feel pretty weird about sending a money order to that person I dont know and isn't local to me... what if he doesn't send the freakin thing?? I know Im probably being paranoid, but I'm a very paranoid person when it comes down to buying something from someone i dont know and on top of the fact they are 1,000 miles away. Are there any ways to insure your protected? I have the guys home address, facebook and phone number... thing is he doesn't have a paypal account... hes a little old school.

Its just there are crazy stupid people in this world and Im not about to get screwed over of 1000 bucks... thats a crap load of money for me. The item Im buying is worth times that so... even IF it needs a rebuild Ill still will be ahead of the game.

ANY comments welcome...

Last edited by chrisf695; 08-08-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:40 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
I have the opportunity to buy something I need off the powerboat swap shop on facebook which Im sure most of you know about. My question is how do you guys go about payment with the seller has no paypal account and say its 1000.00 bucks... I feel pretty weird about sending a money order to that person I dont know and isnt local to me... what if he doesn't send the freakin thing?? I know Im probably being paranoid, but I'm a very paranoid person when it comes down to buying something from someone i dont know and on top of the fact they are 1,000 miles away. Are there any ways to insure your protected? I have the guys home address, facebook and phone number...

Its just there are crazy stupid people in this world and Im not about to get screwed over of 1000 bucks... thats a crap load of money for me. The item Im buying is worth times that so... even IF it needs a rebuild Ill still will be ahead of the game.

ANY comments welcome...

Where's the guy located????
Old 08-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Registered

Kentucky
Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Looks like you need to buy a new one from a reputable company
Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally I wouldn't do any transaction that wasn't as secure as possible. Too many scammers out there. Jim
Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 269 Likes on 132 Posts

I have the opportunity to buy something I need off the powerboat swap shop on facebook which Im sure most of you know about. My question is how do you guys go about payment with the seller has no paypal account and say its 1000.00 bucks... I feel pretty weird about sending a money order to that person I dont know and isn't local to me... what if he doesn't send the freakin thing?? I know Im probably being paranoid, but I'm a very paranoid person when it comes down to buying something from someone i dont know and on top of the fact they are 1,000 miles away. Are there any ways to insure your protected? I have the guys home address, facebook and phone number... thing is he doesn't have a paypal account... hes a little old school.

ANY comments welcome...
Never heard of COD with FedEx or UPS??? Also going that route allows you to reject delivery if you don't like what you see.....
Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Never heard of COD with FedEx or UPS??? Also going that route allows you to reject delivery if you don't like what you see.....
How would work if Im the one buying it? I just tell him to send it and when it gets here I pay for it and if I dont pay I dont get the item?

Ill be honest... the item is a newer style bravo with s IMCO -2 shorty on it for 1000.00 bucks... I was the first one to get dibs on it after 5 other guys after me wanted it and were pretty much fighting over it. But i was first dibs so it goes to me. I dont even NEED the drive... I just thought I could make some quick money with it. I have a alpha SS on my powerplay and it work just fine right now. But again... I could sell my SS for a pretty penny and get what I need to use the bravo w/shorty.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

ESCROW.COM
I have used this in the past and what ebay recommends when you have transactions that need to be inspected before payment is released. It has fees involved.
You both agree to using the service.
The buyer puts the money in escrow.
The seller shipps the goods.
The buyer inspects them and then releases the funds to the seller.

I bought a used set of manifolds this way from over 1000 miles away. The fees and piece of mind was worth the small fee...
Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

ANY comments welcome...
You aren't paranoid.......scroll a few sections down to the "Beware Section"........tons of bad stories on both sides of the transaction
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 269 Likes on 132 Posts

How would work if Im the one buying it? I just tell him to send it and when it gets here I pay for it and if I dont pay I dont get the item?

Ill be honest... the item is a newer style bravo with s IMCO -2 shorty on it for 1000.00 bucks... I was the first one to get dibs on it after 5 other guys after me wanted it and were pretty much fighting over it. But i was first dibs so it goes to me. I dont even NEED the drive... I just thought I could make some quick money with it. I have a alpha SS on my powerplay and it work just fine right now. But again... I could sell my SS for a pretty penny and get what I need to use the bravo w/shorty.
Yeah he sends it COD and when it arrives you give Fedex a certified check made out to fedex. They deposit the check, take the shipping cost out, then cut a check to the seller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.