Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
West Coast Roving Reporter Heads East - Fall River PR >

West Coast Roving Reporter Heads East - Fall River PR

Notices

West Coast Roving Reporter Heads East - Fall River PR

Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Al, I'm glad to hear you were able to attend the FR PR. It was nice to briefly meet you. Mike is a great guy, as you know he's happy to take anyone out on the boat. The Apache is a lot more boat than what's needed in that bay, even our little (injured) OB Skater was probably more boat than needed for that water, but the southern end down around Newport can occasionally be a little choppy. Once outside of Newport it can sometimes get pretty rough so a trip out to Block Island will no doubt be a lot more fun in the Apache!

Scot
Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Al, I'm glad to hear you were able to attend the FR PR. It was nice to briefly meet you. Mike is a great guy, as you know he's happy to take anyone out on the boat. The Apache is a lot more boat than what's needed in that bay, even our little (injured) OB Skater was probably more boat than needed for that water, but the southern end down around Newport can occasionally be a little choppy. Once outside of Newport it can sometimes get pretty rough so a trip out to Block Island will no doubt be a lot more fun in the Apache!

Scot
Thank you Scot. I had a blast and it was great to experience New England boating versus So Cal, very different and much more to look at. Mike and Denise were great hosts and looking forward to the run to Block Island. I had never been in an Apache before so really wanting to hit some big water. Unfortunately, my work schedule is going to make it tough as we will be working through this weekend because we have rain coming tomorrow.

I was really impressed with the turn out of boats and everyone was very nice and seamed to be having a good time. It seam like the New England boat scene is a very tight nit group of people. Hope to see you again.