48 MTI AND 40 Skater classic differences...my observations >

48 MTI AND 40 Skater classic differences...my observations

Notices

48 MTI AND 40 Skater classic differences...my observations

Old 08-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I realize it's not apples to apples, that's what I said in the original post. Skater has some new things coming out that will be outstanding! The 52 they built is an incredible machine.
Their interiors have come a long way in the last few years as well. Like I said, they are both great boats.
That said, I have owned a DCB, a Skater, and now a MTI. I obviously don't drink the Kool-aid like others regarding any manufacturer. I buy what I like and I like them all! Lol
Who knows, maybe the next one will be a Mystic!
I will say MTI does have the edge on interior comfort and features right now.
Well Duh, you have to buy a Mystic next, how could you not. You have come this far... I guess you could do an OL cat too, think that's all that's left. Lol
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
For me (and I think for John), it would come down to the fact that we have breakfast with the guy who builds the boats. He has to look you in the eye every Saturday of the summer if your boat is not what was promised. You also have Bob Bull at the table who is going to win the worlds before it's all said and done and he's pumping his money to MTI.

Now if Peter buys a home at LOTO and brings a boat to run with us to breakfast then he would absolutely sell some new boats.

I think in these situations, it comes down to more than bottom design, tunnel width, and the blah blah blahs, and more about customer relations at least in this part of the country.
I don't think Peter eats breakfast. But every time I have been to the Skater factory at 12:00 on the dot, Peter asks every customer there to join him for lunch (on him).

However, I don't think having meals with the manufacturer affects most of his customer's decision when it comes to buying a Skater. Most want the best built hull which will provide safe, reliable boating. Some like to go faster than others so speed is more of the primary decision making factor. Others want to look good or perhaps be more comfortable. I think a Skater is good for that too. Summer defined some of his motivators for buying the MTI which seem to include his wife's assessment, the ride, and the convenience of the interior. All good reasons.

My experience is that most Skater owners like to go fast without incident and then get home safely afterwards. For that, I think it is a real good choice.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolSpot
I don't think Peter eats breakfast. But every time I have been to the Skater factory at 12:00 on the dot, Peter asks every customer there to join him for lunch (on him).

However, I don't think having meals with the manufacturer affects most of his customer's decision when it comes to buying a Skater. Most want the best built hull which will provide safe, reliable boating. Some like to go faster than others so speed is more of the primary decision making factor. Others want to look good or perhaps be more comfortable. I think a Skater is good for that too. Summer defined some of his motivators for buying the MTI which seem to include his wife's assessment, the ride, and the convenience of the interior. All good reasons.

My experience is that most Skater owners like to go fast without incident and then get home safely afterwards. For that, I think it is a real good choice.

I would say MTI have proved them self a manufacturer that can do that too. It's not like be bought some off brand pile of junk.

Some people are seriously wayyy too brand loyal.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not implying that bacon and eggs sale a boat.

But if you come to this lake and see the stable of MTIs running around with the opportunity to ride and drive them and see how satisfied their owners are, it would be hard not to go that direction.

I own a Skater, I love my Skater, and I will probably buy another (used) Skater some day and if I could afford it right now today would probably buy a new 48 MTI. That's just my opinion given my limited (150 hours driving a 40 Skater, 3 hours riding in a 46 Skater and about 3 hours riding in a new 48 MTI) experience and knowledge.

Skater vs MTI debate will never end. I would not hesitate to own either.

My F150 rocks and Chevy Silverados suck. Same (similar) argument. I buy Fords because my good friend is the manager of the Ford dealership and it's a painless transaction. Yes guys do buy million dollar cats like they are a disposable Ford so the analogy is somewhat valid.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I would say MTI have proved them self a manufacturer that can do that too. It's not like be bought some off brand pile of junk.

I didn't say anything AT ALL about an MTI. I didn't say that a Skater was a good boat and an MTI is a bad boat. I merely commented on what many Skater owners look for in a boat and the reasaons why they choose a Skater at purchase time.

Summer started a thread on his reasons for buying an MTI instead of another Skater. Why can't I respond back with why many Skater owners - myself included - would consider buying a Skater?

If I am too brand loyal I think you are too sensitive!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Lol, Pete does do lunch right at 12 tho. Went with him on Monday.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0

What's wrong with Brand loyalty? I would never own a ford, as I'm a Chevy guy, but do respect them. Same thing goes for Skater and Mti, I'd never own an MTI but respect them. Same goes for sports, I'm a Niner fan, hate the Seahawks but respect them... No I don't hate Fords and MTIs, I do hate the Seahawks tho! Lol
Old 08-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I'm not implying that bacon and eggs sale a boat.

But if you come to this lake and see the stable of MTIs running around with the opportunity to ride and drive them and see how satisfied their owners are, it would be hard not to go that direction.

I own a Skater, I love my Skater, and I will probably buy another (used) Skater some day and if I could afford it right now today would probably buy a new 48 MTI. That's just my opinion given my limited (150 hours driving a 40 Skater, 3 hours riding in a 46 Skater and about 3 hours riding in a new 48 MTI) experience and knowledge.

Skater vs MTI debate will never end. I would not hesitate to own either.

My F150 rocks and Chevy Silverados suck. Same (similar) argument. I buy Fords because my good friend is the manager of the Ford dealership and it's a painless transaction. Yes guys do buy million dollar cats like they are a disposable Ford so the analogy is somewhat valid.
I have been to your lake many times. Without a doubt, it is one of the best performance boat lakes in the country. And LOTO is the best event of the year - anywhere. I will be there again this year.

I have seen and talked to many MTI owners. They love their boats and are as "brand loyal" as any Skater owners I know. I have never bashed an MTI - I have just never bought one. I'm too happy with Skaters. But if you really dissect what I wrote, you will be hard pressed to find anything negative said about an MTI.

Summer O felt compelled to write a comparison of the MTI to the Skater. He also didn't bash either model. He just described the MTI in a more favorable light than he described the Skater. I replied with a positive review about Skaters. Am I a bad guy for doing the same thing he did? What's the purpose of having a forum for discussion if the discussion can't be two sided and lively?
Old 08-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We can solve all this by getting a local Skater dealer. I volunteer if Pete can floor plan me a few
Old 08-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Registered

chocolate vs vanilla

in the end its just a personal choice

skater strip it down go fast boat just whats needed more of a race boat feel .... great boats

MTI go fast race boat with bling / comfort / storage ..... great boat as well

jmo

Last edited by NO REGRET$; 08-10-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.