Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   monday morn.damage report (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31659-monday-morn-damage-report.html)

WES311SR1 08-26-2002 01:08 PM

Hate to hear about your drive jan, but at least it happened at the end of the season.

Curt 08-27-2002 06:46 PM

Hey Jan, assuming we don't get too bombed celebrating the Game Cocks win over New Mexico State, let's throw the Fountain in the water Sunday and see if we can break it! The Boat Doctor needs us.

GO4BROKE 08-27-2002 07:44 PM

I smoked the impeller in my stbd sea water pump sunday am, boating cut short to about 5 mins:mad: . Its ready to go for this weekend, hopefully its not a rain out.

MACDAD260 08-27-2002 07:49 PM

My 502 got sick two weeks ago so last weekend I pulled it out and put the 7.4L back in. This weekend I finished the installation and took it for a test run. Runs just like it did last year. Slow and reliable!:p Now I am all set to go to Grand Haven and watch some racing. It's nice having a spare motor.:D

mopower 08-27-2002 09:13 PM

Mac, Is that 502 the same one as "carbs too small":confused: :confused: :confused: Ouch, you mean that was a brand new motor you smoked:mad: . That's terrible...been there...done that...a couple of time:eek:

ChrisK 08-27-2002 11:59 PM

Made it back in one piece, But I am only getting 4K on the tach....Time to figure out whats going on there....:confused:

Tinkerer 08-28-2002 12:14 AM

One plugged toilet---fixed---YUK
one blown silent choice neumatic cylinder
one blown silent choice flapper

blown formula 09-09-2002 03:23 PM

When I saw this I had to add my list to it!!

The Saga....
Bought a "new" '97 312 Formula in Scottsdale, Az. in Feb 2002..... In mid April, the transport company was to haul the boat and trailer on a flat bed trailer to Oklahoma......they didn't use the flatbed!!.
They blew a tire, broke one wheel (no longer made!!), burnt up or broke all the trailer bearings but one (triple axle trailer!)
blew a wheel cylinder and lost all brakes!! I replaced the brakes with Kodiak's, all new bearings and seals. A week later, wheel #2 cracked and broke !! Replaced 2 tires.....and a 2nd wheel. We are now over $1000.00 just for the trailer!! Also fixed or replaced all bulbs.

Now the boat:

1. replaced stuck trim indicator cables,
2. sheared teeth off a distributor gear (engine #2)
3. #2 engine neutral switch on shifter fails/engine won't start. Do a "temporary bypass for the day....& also replaced defective (we thought) EGT sensor. Still broke, ordered new dual Gaffrig gauge.
4. Two Aeromotive A1000 fuel pumps disentegrated- replaced..... AND...
5. resulted in a melted piston (in a 10 hr new engine) & destroyed cylinder.
6.Rebuilt & reinstalled engine, replaced 2nd EGT sensor in #2 engine/EGT-STILL doesn't work; ran 78 gallons of gas thru it this weekend and sheared the drive coupler on the new engine on "the" Holiday!!! Found a good used one, & pull the same engine again this week!!! EGT still broken, ordered new wire/cable today.

Does it ever end???:rolleyes:

Madcow 09-09-2002 05:24 PM

Dead brain cells, LOTS of dead brain cells. NEVER AGAIN will I indulge in the evis of alcohaul

Curt 09-09-2002 05:26 PM

God that's awful!! I've had similar luck but over a much longer time period. Jeez, if that happend to me in such a short time I would give up boating. If cars were this unreliable we would all be on horseback again!:rolleyes: