Boat Renaming:  I have to do it, but I'm superstitious >

Boat Renaming: I have to do it, but I'm superstitious

Notices

Boat Renaming: I have to do it, but I'm superstitious

Old 08-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Boat Renaming: I have to do it, but I'm superstitious

O.K. I bought a 1982 38' excaliber with twin 510ci TPI big blocks. I've overhauled just about everything on it over the last 8 weeks and finally got both motors running well yesterday. The boat has been on the trailer for the last 6 years and was in pieces when I bought it.

First the engines didn't want to turn over. Then every hydraulic cylinder on the stern had to be rebuilt (that proved to be a nightmare since they are the original cylinders). The fuel system wasn't delivering fuel so I had to clean it twice and that wasn't fun. All hydraulic lines, water hoses, and fuel lines have been replaced.

So here's the deal. It's named the BoilerMaker because the first owner had it in Michigan. Every time, literally, for the last 8 weeks that I've gone to work on her here in kinda not so crappy North FL, it has rained heavily or just had lightning storms. And all of this happens after years of drought conditions. I figure the boat is protesting because it doesn't like its name and you will see why if you look it up on urbandictionary.com (please don't post the results).

So, with that being said, I think I will have to rename and christen her the RainMaker. Thoughts? And since I'm stupid-stitious, what ceremonies do you guys think are appropriate? I've seen a ton out there and yes, part of the ceremonies are for fun with friends and a few drinks (without the boat being in the water or being put in the water afterwards).

Thoughts?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Make It Rain!!!

Think you have to smash a bottle of bubbly on the bow and throw one kick arse party. Good Luck!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think 3 shots of Tequila with the Sliced Lime & Salt the night before you launch it will make it cool with the Gods. I grew up superstitious, I could not & would not wear or own anything Green (Thanks Sammy James ) I once wore Green pants that someone bought me for Christmas, I wore them out Mudding on a 3 wheeler (ATC 250R) where the Miami Dolphins stadium is now and ended up with stitches on my D*ck, Yes, Stitches, 7 of them ... I eventually got over Superstition. Now I'll wear green (Not Pants though ) and I own a Green Truck, But for 20+ yrs that was a No Go... It'll be cool, Change it...
Old 08-12-2014, 04:50 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

No name. No personality.

You can chose a name, but not the personality. What you will get for a personality is what you'll get.

It's an inanimate object. Treat it as such.

Again, it will stay that way until you name it and thus get's a personality.

Got it ?

LOL.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you're superstitious, put a decal of the old name in the bilge.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

You have to do the Ghost Dance while spinning two props inward all the while tossing salt over your starboard shoulder . Rain Maker it is !
Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

We do the whole ceremony ( removing all traces of old name, ceremonial speech, champagne offering to the gods,ect) Hey, the crew enjoys it and we cant take any chances in our profession!!! Do a search online and you'll find the whole procedure. Have fun with it and enjoy the water!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I stripped the name off mine day 1.

Rename it......do it!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

she's protesting the name change, Christine comes to mind
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Like was said above, Go on line and find the ceremony!!!!! Take no chances with the water spirits!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.