Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wow! Labor Day is here. Rate your summer activities >

Wow! Labor Day is here. Rate your summer activities

Notices

Wow! Labor Day is here. Rate your summer activities

Old 08-26-2002, 09:42 PM
cdaniel525

Wink

It,s been a good summer so far. Not too many hours on my CIG. so far but looking for some good September weather when theres not so many boats & Jet Ski,s to run over.Best boating was when the anchor was out one night and my girl friend decided to christen the boat for the first time if you get the drift. What a ride!!

Old 08-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. We went from St Pete to Sarasota and met up wit a Donzi owners club and cruised to Venice for lunch and back. Put 90+ miles on that day.

2 4th of July watching the fireworks directly overhead at Cleawater Beach.

3 Haven't had a bad weather day yet that we have been caught in.

4 Best day for hotties would be hard to choose, we go to Passage Key quite often where it is clothing optional......anf nobody opts for clothing. Met a couple extreme hotties Saturday there.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:17 AM
Registered

1) to the strip club after working on the boat all day

2) the day I painted the bilge and waited all night for it to dry

3) rained for 3 weeks as I waited to drop the engine in

4) as for the hottest hottie.....well, she knows who she is....

am aiming for a good fall boating report....

Last edited by NASTY HABIT; 08-27-2002 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Dave - Depending on the day , I'm ready to offshore fish if you need additional crew !

Steve - We'll be out this weekend , next weekend and then I'm not sure , so let me know what your schedule is. Sean should be back in the driver's seat this weekend so maybe we'll all finally get together !

Put a lot of hours on the boat this season and enjoyed every minute of it.....
Old 08-27-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

Unhappy

On a scale of 1-10 for the fun factor, I hate to say my summer has been a great big 2 . I haven't even SEEN my boat since October of 2001, let alone use it. Don't want to get into the ugly details, as the ex-wife still monitors what I post here.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:31 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally posted by Indy
I guess I was home on that weekend with 58-63 mph winds. That must have sucked [/B]
Indy, It was on a Friday afternoon 3 or 4 weeks ago. Brutal but the storm was over in about an hour. The Sound off New London went from flat calm to 6'+ in minutes with zero visibility. My tv broke out of its brackets & flew across the cabin.
NOAA was reporting "chance of light scattered thunderstorms" until 15 min before it hit
Old 08-27-2002, 09:53 AM
Boat Girl

Hey DJD, how is the little one doing...had him out on the boat all summer or what...Lets see, my summer,

Best Trip: Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, and Marathon Race, and one upcoming to the Poker Run in Sarasota this weekend...My first...cant wait...

Most Memorable Day/Night...April 21st Miami

Worst Weather...It rained here for 30 something days straight in June and part of July, I moved here for the sunshine damnit...

Hotties huh, just one...

Old 08-27-2002, 11:25 AM
BK
Registered

1. BEST TRIP -- All the trips this year were full of glitches.
i. Were supposed to go boating/camping but friends backed out the day before.....
ii.Invited to spend a week at a friends cottage at Tybee Island, but friend forgot to tell us his 81 yr old mother lives next door and is a cottage-Nazi. She barked orders to me the whole week. Never cleaned so much in my life! Vacation?? I felt like I was in a Chevy Chase movie.
iii. Looked forward to "Rumble on the River", but volunteered to photograph all the activities - worked the WHOLE weekend in extreme HOT weather, got on the water only once over 3 days and nearly was hit by a car during the parade
iv. Evansville IN - Unlimited Hydroplane races -- temps were soaring up to heat index of 105. I nearly died.
iv. Finale -- Heading to Arizona in October -- Gasoline Alley at Lake Mohave. Hopefully THAT will be my best trip of the year!

2. First night of the "Rumble on the River". My hubby threw a surprise birthday party for me at a local restaurant, which included some special guests - two boat company owners, some long time friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and Ken Warby too!

3. Worst weather - tie between the heat at the Rumble and at Evansville (those events flat COOKED me)

4. Hottest Hottie: Meeting and chatting with ex-SF Quarterback Steve Young.

But my hubby is still hotter.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

Summer, what summer? Let's see - broke the prop in May and spent most of the summer trying to figure where to get some different ones to test. Never did and hardly ran the boat. Had some nice rides on friends' boats though.

Best trip was definitely the TOPPS Poker Run. It was my first poker run as a driver in my own boat and I was the only female driver on the run. A very long, exhausting day, but very fun.
Second best trip would be a ride on one of Fastcats' American Offshore cats on the way back from a fun run.

Race wise, I miss NJ. Corpus and Washington, NC rocked, but I wish I could get to more.

The new prop arrived last Friday, so with Labor Day upon us, my summer is really just beginning. (It's pretty much always summer in Houston.)
Old 08-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

Default WOW!

A solid 10! What bad weather? Best I have seen in years.

1) Best Trip-yet to come in Oct.

2) Best Day- Every Poker Run!

3) Worst Weather-Non this year yet!

4) Hotties-Top Secret.