Notices

Convincor or Aggressor

Old 08-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanharca
From what I understand, the owner of that Sunsation bought it from someone in PA a year ago from a person who got it from MI. Definitely not a history that makes me want the boat, especially if it is the one that you are thinking of.

Thanks for all of the posts.
A friend of a friend owned that boat (if it is the one I think it is.) At that time it had a wet transom. Was having issues keeping the trim tabs on the boat. I think they were bennet tabs and weren't thru bolted, just screwed into the wet transom.... I would definitely have a survey done.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
A friend of a friend owned that boat (if it is the one I think it is.) At that time it had a wet transom. Was having issues keeping the trim tabs on the boat. I think they were bennet tabs and weren't thru bolted, just screwed into the wet transom.... I would definitely have a survey done.
I agree 100% with the survey, I'm not disagreeing with low_psi, and I don't know the history of the boat posted, but I know a dealer in Harrison TWP, MI has a 2000 Aggressor listed with Bennett Tabs and is advertised with a new transom replacement having just been done. Gel/graphics look very similar, they may be twin sisters. Fraternal twins, though, as the windscreens are different colors.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 08-15-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have heard enough to not pursue the Sunsation, plus I have some additional pictures that show that it really hasn't been taken care of that well. I think I'm going to take a closer look at the convincor. What are the opinions on Checkmates build quality? Anything in particular to look at? Also, I'll get a survey regardless of which direction I end up going.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
I agree 100% with the survey, I'm not disagreeing with low_psi, and I don't know the history of the boat posted, but I know a dealer in Harrison TWP, MI has a 2000 Aggressor listed with Bennett Tabs and is advertised with a new transom replacement having just been done. Gel/graphics look very similar, they may be twin sisters. Fraternal twins, though, as the windscreens are different colors.
Then that might be the boat (at the dealer) that I was thinking of. The boat was kept out that way. Seeing as that boat has a new transom, I'd say its a safe bet that was the boat that the "fried of a friend" owned. Is that boat listed online?
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Checkmates's mold work is second to none. The entire hull and topdeck are fully end grain balsa cored. Floors and stringers would be a concern...(like in any other boat). The Checkmate is a solid riding boat and the Convincor hull design has proven itself through the years and even raced successfully. The other area of concern for the Checkmate would be wiring behind the dash. Unless it's been redone or upgraded you may find a rats nest of wiring! The Convincor is a big deep boat and will keep your family feeling safe on the water...good sized cabin too!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Then that might be the boat (at the dealer) that I was thinking of. The boat was kept out that way. Seeing as that boat has a new transom, I'd say its a safe bet that was the boat that the "fried of a friend" owned. Is that boat listed online?
Yeah, it's listed on a couple sites, and at Hideaway in Harrison TWP.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checkmate for what you want to do, 24/7 is a small cockpit . I never have more than 4 people on mine. 24/7's are very fun to drive but not good for entertaining.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Based on your criteria, the Check hands down and that's from another 24 7 guy. Another post hit it on the head. The gel and glass work on a Check is as good as any in the industry. Don't buy anything without a thorough sea trial. Good luck
Old 08-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Registered

Damn that C/M is clean!

Look at that back seat and the bilge!

The graphics arent great, but thats was what it was back in '96...

Having a nice deep cockpit definitely has a safer feeling like Jupiter said, and the cabin isnt bad for this size of boat.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't forget about the 28 sabers, twin or single there are a few out there.
other wise the check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.