Notices

SBI Races

Old 08-26-2002, 12:53 PM
blackhawk

Default SBI Races

Since I missed the Cleveland race I was thinking about hitting the SBI Nationals in New York. How do the SBI races compare to the APBA? It will be a long trip for me so I want to make sure it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 08-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NY Race

..tough to compare to APBA..

I will tell you though, if you cannot get on a boat which will be tough with the CG restrictions..the NY Race is not "spectator friendly"

I'd think twice before making the trip from Michigan..

just my .02
Old 08-26-2002, 01:15 PM
blackhawk

Bodyshot,

Thanks. Maybe I'll hold off for the APBA Worlds in Florida. I'll be ready for a vaca by Nov anyway!

Old 08-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Jack C.

Relatives of ours who live in Newark go to this race every year and watch this race from Liberty State Park on the NJ side of the Hudson. The race village (the wet pits/dry pits and sbi registration)and the start/finish are all in that location, with what is now ground zero in the background across the river. It's the only race they go to- (go early) they say it's terrific viewing and this year is going to be a big event and tied in with the tribute to the anniversary of 9/11. The race last year was 2 days prior to attack.
The Liberty Marina (their website gives all details) is also located there for shuttles into and out of NYC
I used to live there also and that park is fantastic.Wish I could be there this year.