Old 10-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

ouch.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Dropped blocks off at Victory Friday, gonna order rotating assembly's asap and get movin!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Take your stuff to ray at victory engines and get them straightened out! I wouldn't take a lawnmower to that shop on brookpark road.

Easy to blame bad bearings as opposed to admitting bad machine work and or bad assembly practices.
Have you had problems with Gellner?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Have you had problems with Gellner?
Personally, no.
That said, a good friend just went through "machine shop hell" with them. Lots of lies, lots of delays and a lost racing season. No thanks!

If you like dealing with them and they do for you what they promise and your stuff stays together, keep using them.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Registered

Well, you shouldn't bad mouth someone unless you had first hand experience. That can really damage someone's reputation and business as most of the referrals are word of mouth.

There's always three sides to every story, his, yours, and the truth is somewhere between. Yes, Dean is busy, plus his father passing sure didn't help. I'm sure it will all be fine in the end, he is a bit behind on my stuff too, and I lost a season, but it may just be worth it in the end, they look sweet and I know one of them runs like a raped ape.

Hang in there Dean, we're almost there!!!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

After a long winter and many changes in ideas and choices, I have all new running engines that I hope are problem free for a long time!!! I was able to spend much more money then I thought so I went nuts and went all new top to bottom besides Intakes, and even those have me issues lol wish I got new...

540ci, dart blocks, eagle rotating assembly's, afr 325 Cnc chamber heads, bob m cams, rollmaster timing chains, Johnson roller lifters, scorpion endurance rockers, trend .135 wall pushrods, quickfuel 1050 carbs, baker fuel pumps, all new coolers and lines, lots of nice stuff let's hope the nightmares are over!!!! I will find out this weekend...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]541266[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Season over....tossed a rod...-image.jpg   Season over....tossed a rod...-image.jpg   Season over....tossed a rod...-image.jpg  

Season over....tossed a rod...-image.jpg