Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend >

Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend

Notices

Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend

Old 08-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Thumbs up Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend

Heading up from Cols Oh. either Thurs night or Fri a.m.
Heading for Pelee Island for Friday night and then run to Leamington Saturady a.m. for the Blackbeard Rendevous/Party Sat night.
Staying through till Monday but probably head South some time Sunday and maybe burn down Kellies Island Sunday night.
Let me know if anyone is going to be out and about???
Doing a wreck dive off Pt. Pelee Sat a.m. if all go's well but no real plans other than that.
Gary
P.S. Have been over a couple times so far and so have my friends. I and they all say, take your pass port or your "original" birth certificate and you should be fine in/out of Canada.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 08-22-2002 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SCARAB3DMC and I should be running around Cleveland/Fairport/Vermillion Sunday. Let me know if you'll be around.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Registered

Hey what time will you be stopping by Kelleys sunday? I will be there all weekend, not sure how long I will stay on Sunday?

Also wanted to do some diving this weekend, depends on whether or not I get my tanks back from the dive shop (damn VTI in the middle of diving season) Pisses me off I havent had time to do a single dive this year, too busy w/the boat well maybe I will see ya Sunday, I will probably be around west bay in the afternoon diving the woodpiles if I get my tanks back
Old 08-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Big Daddy/ThrillSeeker

Just spent a 1/2 hr looking at weather reports and it looks pretty border line.
3' to 5's Saturday and Sunday!
Big Daddy, the only way we'll be in that area is if it it's to bad to head North.
If so, we'll head to Huron and try and a get a dock where we are withing staggering distance to "J.P.'s Down Under".
If we do that we could hit Vermilion. Had a hiuse there 2 years ago and have'nt been back by boat since.
ThrillSeeker, What is your boat so I'll recognise you??
Our plan is to be at Leamington but headed South on Sunday.
We are taking Monday off so we may get a dock at Middle Bass for Sunday night. Maybe take the ferry to PIB and come back and burn down "J.F.Walleys".
Also another way cool pub about 1/2 mile North of there that is part of a "Carribian (sp?) style Resort". Probably be dead on a Sunday but still better than working!
If the weather is descent you may very well see us in the west Bay area and maybe the Inn
3- 5's hummmmh?? Forecast is for them to be going North Friday and Saturday and South on Sunday and Monday.
Might be fun
Gary
P.S. Here is my boat so you'll recognize me if you see me.
Attached Thumbnails Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend-sonic-idiling-out-scudder-480x360.jpg  
Old 08-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Registered

Gary.... My boat is a white 28 cigarette w/ a red,grey, and black stripe running up the side and top deck, 3 to 5s woooo hoooo
I love rough water. hope to dee ya on the lake.

Tony
Old 08-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Tony

Kewl!!!
Looking at radar, it aint looking good!
I just bolted on four blades to run in the slop.
Love to see your boat, what year is it??
I doubt your boat even throws spray in 5 footers!!
That my friend is a "real" offshore boat!!
Remember meeting a guy at Kellies Island several years ago.
Had an older 35' that he had totally re-done. We were talking about the difference between a boat like his (and yours) and all the newer fly weight, stepped bottom "lake" boats.
He says he gives up about 10 MPH in smooth water (which it was'nt designed for) but eats em for lunch in the rough
Looked at a couple of twin O/B 28's in Fla.
I'll make you a deal, if it's smooth, I'll wait on you.
If it's rough, wait on me!!!
Gary
Old 08-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

Gary, my boat is an 85, BTW what radar are you looking at for the lake conditions? I havent been able to find one that is worth a damn? Well have fun this weekend and be safe if ya see some crazy skinny guys in a white cig pounding through big waves around Kelleys it will probably be me
Old 08-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Default Tony

Been watching the weather channel on TV for radar shots.
For destination fore cast's I usually use lakevision.com, you can get pictures of actual conditions and buoy fore casts from here.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi Gary

Hope you get the weather you want for the weekend. I'm doing the motorcycle thing. Still want to hook up and do Canada with you some time.

How was the Rumble?
They have really been hitting the boats hard around the islands this year. Here is a clip from the Cleveland Plain dealer yesterday.

MARBLEHEAD

2 boats seized

Two boats were seized, one for a weapons violation, during a four-day law enforcement crackdown last weekend around the Lake Erie islands and Sandusky Bay. Twelve boaters were arrested for boating under the influence, and 14 narcotics cases were opened. U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Adam Carron said two southern Ohio men returning from Canada were arrested and their 28-foot boat seized when concealed handguns and knives were found during a safety inspection at Middle Bass Island State Park. A 23-foot boat was confiscated after the operator was arrested on a charge of cocaine possession. This was the second blitz conducted by Northern Fence, an operation of the Coast Guard; Sandusky, Put-in-Bay and Bay View police; and various Ottawa County, state and federal agencies.

Have fun,
Cordell
Old 08-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Thanx Cordell!!

Sounds like all those guys deserved to get busted!
You find "illegal" fire arms or coke on my boat, throw me in jail too!!
Been watching/listening to weather all day, still calling for 3' to 5's.
I'm ready!
Been playing in smooth **** all Summer!!
And by the way, the Rumble was a huge succes THANX FOR ASKING!!
Had one guy run 118 (GPS) in a 18' single O/B!
Awesome drag racing too!
The best part was we raised $7300. for the Make a Wish Foundation.
We will hook up my friend!!
Gary

Quick Reply: Plee Island and Leamington Ontario this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.