Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening? >

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Notices

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
There is one plus, rednecks love bajas so much that they have pretty good resale value.
That's because every redneck had a buddy who's Baja "ran like 100 mph".
Old 09-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlange
That's because every redneck had a buddy who's Baja "ran like 100 mph".
That's no joke
Old 09-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Funny how guys nut in their pants at poker runs when the sit down outerlimits gtx, skaters, MTI'S, and other bad azz hardware with #6's, arnesons and big power pulls in. At that moment , they stare in awe and think how awesome it would be to own that boat that everyone's crowded around looking at.

But then reality sets in. They realize they married a spoiled Kunt who told them to get a boat that has ample room for "stuff " , which mainly means her fat azz. They will come on oso and debate speed, looks, build construction and overall cool factor, defending the fact they own a minivan of an offshore boat because it "suits them better". When on reality their nuts have a permanent parking spot in their wife's Louis vitton purse.

"I need more cockpit room"
"I love my storage cabinets"
"I can't have blower scoops or a fiberglass hatch, I need my sunpad"

Get your phuckin balls back for Christ's sake man.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
The ONLY way to roll in a Fountain is with a Cigarette paint scheme. That's why Joe said he's upgrading his look for next season. I heard him asking this dude where he got it done...
........just put motors in that boat.. it's a wrap so it will be easy
Attached Thumbnails Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?-124.jpg  
Old 09-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Some old drunks ass at the bar Thursday was trying to hit on my sister. He said he used to race big boats and that piqued my curiosity. I asked him what kind and he said, "oh ya know, those 40 foot bajas and ****!"

Well it was obvious he was full of **** at that point so I told him to eff off.
Had the same thing happen a couple years ago at a bar in Chicago. Old dude talking to my wife and her friend, telling them how he used to race offshore boats. I got in on the convo, asked him a bunch of questions like I had no idea about go-fast boats and just let him run his mouth. After a little bit, I told him I thought he was full of chit...he got all in my face and said I didn't know anything. I said..."How did you get here tonight? Because if you look over that wall over there, you will see down on the river that I got here in a 42 Outerlimits. So maybe I DO know something...now piss off."
Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Were bajas and powerquests built at the same location?
Old 09-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well mine's not as good but Sat morning wife and I go to breakfast and this dude with a brand new red Donzi Racing T shirt is talking kinda loud to his friends, and I say friendly HI! What kind of boat you got? and he tells about his great deal on a "really fast Donzi" and we listen as he goes on and on about his friends are jealous, etc. they've never been so fast in a boat etc. but still hasn't told me what it is so when I ask its a "24 ft with a really big outboard, you know 250 horsepower". I smile and say thanks have fun and before we go sit down he asks what we have and I say "42 Fountain" and he says "Oh..." and his smile drops, poor guy. He was having so much fun.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Were bajas and powerquests built at the same location?

No. The Baja Plant in Bucyrus,OH, built Sea Ray, Baja and Boston Whaler. Not sure if there was other as well?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Hey, screw all you Fountain loving Baja haters!! After I took 20 feet of wire off every wire in my brand new 272, actually attached the gas tank to the stringers where all the screws missed, re-inforced the floor gas tank cover where you would bounce like a trampoline , actually bolted the seats to something, re-attached the door latch striker, re-attached the engine rear vent cowl where it fell off , put real motor mounts in, re-mounted the bilge pump closer to the bottom of bildge vs 4" above the bottom , made a mount for the CD player where someone cut the hole so big that the screws all missed and a bunch of other stuff I prob forgot its been a pretty OK boat, on the plus side its a litle faster than most the other Bajas I have ever ran acrossed!!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Fugh it, I'm gettin a beak to screw on front of my boat and a Vinyl fountain wrap, you guys talked me into it!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.