Notices

496 vs 502

Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I personally think it would be cool if someone build up a 8100 Vortec engine, with the intake SB posted, and an overall custom combination.

I say lets start a thread on building up what you have. Maybe Raylar can chime in. Lets keep it old school carbed....throw some cam at it, and have some fun. Please, lets not do another "stroker 454" build....theres already about 100 threads on that topic.

I'm not super familiar with the 8100 engines, but , I think they had many technology advancements over the old big block engines. Like the intake runner design for starters. Isnt it sort of like a giant LS engine??????
Where's the dislike button ?

Lol.

It's not dominant over the old BBC by any stretch.......add to that the cost is relatively high.

The LS small blocks vs Gen 1 small blocks....Yeh, now we are talking. $$$/HP/Modern FI, if prefered, aftermarket support.....yes, sir.

The Gen VII 8.1L vs older BBC's ? Not a freakin chance.

Now, if we can get GM to make 500+ cid 12°-15° spread port splayed valve 11:1 compression pump gas motors in such #'s that they cost less than 4k pulled out of a low mileage wrecked truck...then we are talking !

LOL.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Don`t do the 8.1, its a gas hog!!!!