Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you from Callan Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31790-thank-you-callan-marine.html)

MarinePerformance 08-27-2002 04:28 PM

Thank you from Callan Marine

Our team would like to genuinely thank all of the organizers, participants and fans of the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout for all of your support during our week there. We really enjoyed our stay and the competition between David Scott and ourselves. We believe we achieved every goal we set out for when we left Florida, we just didn’t realize we would be racing Miss Budweiser. On Saturday, when we turned in a 168 mph speed, we were perfectly happy with that and would have left it at that to return next year and defend it in the spirit of competition. Sunday morning we concentrated on the V-hull, which won it’s class and was the fastest V. Not bad for a 38,000 lb. boat. The cat was on standby Sunday to defend the speed if David Scott bumped it up and do some fly by exhibition runs, which the promoters had asked us to do. For someone to say that they came into the competition because of the speeds we ran on Saturday seems a little ridiculous, since there was only a 3 mph difference than last years top speed and David Scott’s top speed this year. If my math is right, they beat us by 23 mph, which in my opinion seems a bit extreme.

Are we angry about the results? No, we were beaten by another boat. Disappointed? Yes, in a lot of people and situations. Will we be back next year? It’s too early to tell, it’s a long way off and we have a lot to do before then. The boat was not actually built for LOTO but for the flying mile (LOTO is a standing start) world record at 205 mph, which we will be going for this winter. Where LOTO will go from here I can’t say, hopefully upward, the firemen who get the benefits of the event certainly deserve it.

jc

KN 08-27-2002 04:44 PM

Congratulations on your run. You guys should be very proud of your accomplishments. You dethroned David Scott. Very classy responce on your part. Good luck next year.

Whipple Charged 08-27-2002 04:48 PM

Sorry to hear about things, but congrats on the great run. I was curious to find out more about the boat, what engines is that monster utilizing?

Thanks,
Dustin

Playn 08-27-2002 04:49 PM

Dave and John & crew,

Thanks for the show!!! Hope to see you return next year.

Mrs 283Check 08-27-2002 04:54 PM

I agree awesome run! It was a pleasure to watch you run that boat. Heck it was a pleasure to watch it cruise by at idle after the run :D

Smitty 08-27-2002 05:08 PM

Dustin,
I believe it is running twin turbines. It was really quiet when it flew by us at the end of the course. Big thunder won the award for loudest--sounded like a 50 car pack of Nascar cars going by!!!

mpally 08-27-2002 05:50 PM

Where can I find pictures of the boats?

MarinePerformance 08-27-2002 06:05 PM

mpally - Go to www.callanmarine.com - there are some pictures and video of the boats there. We shot a lot this weekend which will be going up on the web site soon.

Big Wavz - both the cat and v hull are turbine powered. The v hull will be out in diesel version soon.

jc

Smitty 08-27-2002 06:40 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with what Troutly said!!!!!

XS Wetness 08-27-2002 06:54 PM

Marine Performance....You guys are a true class act. Keep up the good work.