Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Notices

Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Old 09-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
My buddy bought the boat from a NASCAR guy in NC some years ago, and the name was on it when he bought it, sold it to CT and they left name on it apparently. as far as the Fountain in the picture above, happened across the Bay from my house, bad night leaving a new dock bar, several markers getting you out of channel, just missed the last one!!
Rather, I'd say he pretty well nailed it! Mythbusters did a take on this one too.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I suspect it was slowed down significantly after the spin.......maybe idling in circles.
When the boat hops and high sides in a turn ejecting the passengers, it does slow significantly. It hits the rev limiter and knocks itself back to idle, rev limiter and back to idle. It's also scary as chit the first time it circles around coming back at you after you just hit the water at speed. I was a passenger on a TS Gun in a similar incident with 6 guys on board. In both cases everyone was luck they didn't hit each other or the boat on the way out of it. The boat should be perfectly fine after this spin.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pure energy
running over 80 mph going into that area is stupid, unless you're trying to show off for the bar to get attention, then you're cool, unless you crash, then your just stupid again........
lmao
Old 09-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
The BS flying around here is pretty comical. The incident at Gilbert's, which was years ago now, was the first time he took the boat out, and it was the first boat he had ever operated a boat. Fast forward a couple of years to this week and he has most likely logged a couple hundred hours seat time in that specific boat. I've seen him run the boat and he is perfectly capable of operating it.

None of the big name drivers out there, with thousands of hours behind the wheel have ever spun a boat out right???
Obviously not true.........Ever consider he finally just ran out of luck?

1. Start running a boat during one of the biggest poker runs in the country and in unfamiliar waters?
2. No lanyard?
3. Stunt driving on the way to the bar with 6 aboard?

Looks like 3 strikes.......and he got tossed out! Just my observation......Glad nobody was hurt/boat undamaged.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Just my opinion, but I don't believe a 38' TS Top Gun, that is capable of running in the 80s is a suitable boat for a 1st time boater. Someone with 0 experience operating a boat SHOULD NOT be behind the wheel of such a boat that requires experience to drive. At least take a class like Tres Martin's if you insist. Again, just my opinion.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

While that may be true, who are we to tell someone they can't buy a boat because they are not "ready" for it? It's his money he could've bought a pretty serious street car for that money. But the owner of the boat is not the one listed as the operator in the article so I guess it doesn't matter what experience the owner has, he wasn't driving. Supposedly
Old 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told by a mutual friend the person "listed" as the driver in the article was indeed not drinking at the previous stop. Good call.

I was just happy to hear nobody got significantly injured and the boat is fine.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Just my opinion, but I don't believe a 38' TS Top Gun, that is capable of running in the 80s is a suitable boat for a 1st time boater. Someone with 0 experience operating a boat SHOULD NOT be behind the wheel of such a boat that requires experience to drive. At least take a class like Tres Martin's if you insist. Again, just my opinion.
Yeah, but who should be getting together and voting him back onto the island?

Here is the issue:
Common sense is not common.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
While that may be true, who are we to tell someone they can't buy a boat because they are not "ready" for it? It's his money he could've bought a pretty serious street car for that money. But the owner of the boat is not the one listed as the operator in the article so I guess it doesn't matter what experience the owner has, he wasn't driving. Supposedly
This is unfortunately true. There is no control over who can/can't operate a boat. Kinda like the idiots who rent boats and have no clue how to operate them. We just have to hope that people use good judgement--Hah!!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Why do cigs spin so frequently? I can't recall another boat in the same era with as many incidents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.