Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31806-what-would-you-do.html)

bajabob38 08-28-2002 06:21 PM

Re: What would you do?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Cig
[B]I had a friend who has some connections at Cigarette make a call to them, and they said that the initial mold for the Twin Step was off and that is why the rub rail is off. They also said that this problem has since been resolved.

Sounds like they owe you a new Boat.

]

cuda 08-28-2002 06:38 PM

I think Cig should buy the one that doesn't fit from you, then you take that money and buy one that does fit. Let Cig mount it on a mold that the first platform will fit. They can recoup their money when they sell it, keep a good reputation, and you get the one that fits yours. Win-win without anyone having to come out of pocket.

Uncle Toys 08-28-2002 06:47 PM

Sorry bro, I feel your pain. Wish I had something to add, other than let’s get out to the lake and forget our troubles for three days.

Be persistent and stay professional (as you have been). It appears to just be endemic to this industry – wear them down!

thisistank 08-28-2002 06:48 PM

Hav. CIg/Semperfi....wait wait wait...I was drunk, I know this...Yes, very drunk...But wasn't there a swim step on the cig in havasu the last time we were out there???:confused:

By the way...That boat is SICK!! I would not even try to give it back!:D

Tank

Steamin Rice 08-28-2002 06:55 PM

HavasuCigs, good to meet you guys over the weekend.

I would think that the first choice would be to have the guys who made the platform make it right for you. If that doesn't get you anywhere, maybe they can make shims/spacers like Audiofn suggested. If they get the angles correct, the difference in clearance on each side may not be very obvious. Good luck getting this worked out...

Semper Fi 08-28-2002 11:41 PM

Tank-- The boat didn't have a swimstep!! You must have had a few.

Cigarette1-- I enjoyed our conversation last weekend at the Poker Run. Good to see you again.

thisistank 08-28-2002 11:46 PM

Yea, well I was a little groggy!:D You guys going to make it to Havasu this weekend?

Semper Fi 08-29-2002 12:13 AM

Tank,
Not too sure, you going to be out there? If we are going, I'll let you know and we'll hook up out there

jb 08-29-2002 08:52 AM

1. I cant believe Extreme marine would not take it back. Hell they cant have more than $400 in it. We are not talking a $10,000 product here. They have bigger problems if they cant eat the cost.
Guess who I am not calling next time.

2. Also more amazed Cig or Dick Simon doesn't just eat it.(trade platforms with the guy if extreme wont take it) . They can sell it or put it on something eventually. Was the margin on the boat that small($2500)...I dont think so. Again, $2500 is less than 1% of the cost of the boat.(based on 300k).DSM takes care of it, guess where Havasau Cig goes gleefully for his overpriced service/parts/toys, and more important ..his next boat.

3. I dont want a swim platform rigged to fit with shims...no thanks, I paid too much Not even on a 20k boat

4. Why is Cig makin a 300k boat with uneven rub rails(glad they solved that problem)

5. This problem should never had made the public forum of OSO.
It should have been a... guess how cig and DSM helped me...patronize them because they made good on a swim platform deal!

Good luck keep us informed

Sean 08-29-2002 09:06 AM

jb,

I agree completely and have no horse in this race, but I would like to make an analogy...

Lets say you bought some ground effects for you car from Stillen(or anyone else for that matter) and they didn't fit properly because the bumper cover was a little out of wack from the factory...would you try and return the car? No...you return the part and Stillen(Extreme) should take it back...no questions asked...

and if Extreme has been building platforms long enough, they should know about the problem with those particular TGs.

Either way, DS or Extreme could very easily resell this platform on a boat that doesn't have this particular quirk...I believe someone should help the customer out...but Cigarette and DS may not be the right choice to do that...

Personally, I would have gone for the B-Bracket in the first place...they've got a relationship with Cig and build ALL of their platforms...heck, they're practically neighbors! The product is superior to Extreme.