SBI Unlimited Class Offered New Schedule for 2015 >

SBI Unlimited Class Offered New Schedule for 2015

Notices

SBI Unlimited Class Offered New Schedule for 2015

Old 09-18-2014, 06:54 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

John Carbonell's brilliant proposals benefit all parties. I look forward to supporting the series.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:39 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Superheat
We as the team owners asked SBI for this format. In NO way is this a extortion by SBI.

All the best, Chris
Chris,
If all of the teams were in favor of this plan and it was the Class Teams that designed the plan then I wish you all the best.

Somehow that bit of information was not translated to Matt.

"According to several sources in the Unlimited-class ranks—who asked not to be named in this article—the proposal has been met with mixed reactions. Those sources also said that the matter will be decided during the upcoming SBI National Championships in Clearwater at the end of the month."

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are for it as well, we look at is as an effort to get boats to show up more often than once or twice per year or only at the Worlds
Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Tim, agreed! As far I know all teams are in for the 2015 race season. SBI has proposed two options, so it's up to each team owner to choose their teams outline. More importantly SBI has been working with us to get more unlimited boats out on the race track! I believe that the fans are going to have one amazing 2015 season and it's all because of big John's innovation and love for this sport! Hats off to SBI!

To date we have commitments from the following teams for 2015 ( no particular order)
Envy
Gieco
Alex and Ani
CMS
Marine Concepts

Knowing that if only two boats show there's going to be an amazing race for the fans! Five will be historic!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Registered

Sorry, type o
Geico! Lol!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Chris,
If all of the teams were in favor of this plan and it was the Class Teams that designed the plan then I wish you all the best.

Somehow that bit of information was not translated to Matt.

"According to several sources in the Unlimited-class ranks—who asked not to be named in this article—the proposal has been met with mixed reactions. Those sources also said that the matter will be decided during the upcoming SBI National Championships in Clearwater at the end of the month."
The two sources I spoke with said some were for it and others weren't. Neither wanted to be named, so I respected that. I wasn't looking for a thumbs up or thumbs down, just asking a relevant question.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
The two sources I spoke with said some were for it and others weren't. Neither wanted to be named, so I respected that. I wasn't looking for a thumbs up or thumbs down, just asking a relevant question.

Matt, I agree with you but John as made a spot for any and all racers in the unlimited class regardless if they want to buy a slot or not, that is what's so great about SBI! At the end of the day we just want to race! This is all secondary to that. I hope you didn't think I was bashing you or your article in any way, I just do want to see any drama in regards to our class. Simple right? Call me if need be but I'm hoping this clears this up.
See you soon, Chris
Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Superheat
Matt, I agree with you but John as made a spot for any and all racers in the unlimited class regardless if they want to buy a slot or not, that is what's so great about SBI! At the end of the day we just want to race! This is all secondary to that. I hope you didn't think I was bashing you or your article in any way, I just do want to see any drama in regards to our class. Simple right? Call me if need be but I'm hoping this clears this up.
See you soon, Chris
From the most recent information I have, Unlimited teams can race next year just as they did this year or compete in what is now called the "Slot" class as described in my article. Something for everyone.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:33 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
From the most recent information I have, Unlimited teams can race next year just as they did this year or compete in what is now called the "Slot" class as described in my article. Something for everyone.
Matt,
Be careful of your spelling in future articles with term .... LOL

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Matt,
Be careful of your spelling in future articles with term .... LOL
That's funny. Actually, to be clear, the class is still called "Unlimited." "Slot" is a designation/series/circuit within the class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.