Looking for dry rack storage in miami need ur help >

Looking for dry rack storage in miami need ur help

Notices

Old 09-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for the best option for dry rack storage for my center console boat. Nov.- March in or around Miami. Looking for something hurricane 5 building. Something quick to no wake and ocean. Something that has plenty to do options and quick from airport. I am not dead set on Miami. Would like suggestions within a 30 mile radius of airport. Looking to come down one week a month to sightsee the keys and southern florida and do some fishing. Looking for best marina, access, location, and options for meeting people and experience the southern area of florida.

Looking for your opinions to best marina and why? Thanks for your input.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

don't know of any hurricane rated racks in Miami-Dade county, I think that forces you into Broward or Palm Beach. I have my boat at Grove Harbour Marina, the location is great and the employees are pretty helpful. Idle for 2 min out of the marina and full speed ahead from there into Biscayne Bay. In terms of ease of boating and getting to places you will actually want to go there is not a better location. Just get insurance for hurricanes, not that you will need it from Nov-mar.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Grove harbor marina. Just south of Miami, the facility is great we use it every year for the KW poker run. One of my friends kept his Cig huntress there all last winter, it will be there again this winter.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTECH-ANGLER
Looking for the best option for dry rack storage for my center console boat. Nov.- March in or around Miami. Looking for something hurricane 5 building. Something quick to no wake and ocean. Something that has plenty to do options and quick from airport. I am not dead set on Miami. Would like suggestions within a 30 mile radius of airport. Looking to come down one week a month to sightsee the keys and southern florida and do some fishing. Looking for best marina, access, location, and options for meeting people and experience the southern area of florida.

As others said, not sure there is a hurricane 5 building in Dade county but hurricane season is June 1 through Nov 1 so it shouldn't be an issue for you. The Port condo in Ft Lauderdale would probably be ideal for a hurricane building. Boating in Broward is mostly no wake/slow zones though. This building is just inside the inlet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOtMZHN4l8
Old 09-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. You guys are correct about hurricane building. I just got a quote back on insurance and as long as boat is NOT located in florida in those months the insurance company is NOT concerned. Grove Harbor Marine seems very price and no availability for inside storage is what I have been told. What about Grove isle Marina or Bayshore Landing. Anyone know anything about either?

Last edited by NORTECH-ANGLER; 09-23-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. You guys are correct about hurricane building. I just got a quote back on insurance and as long as boat is NOT locationed in florida in those months the insurance company is NOT concerned. Grove Harbor Marine seems very price and no availability for inside storage is what I have been told. What about Grove isle Marina or Bayshore Landing. Anyone know anything about either?
In Palm Beach county they get $17 a foot per month from bow to prop, plus $50-75 for T Top and another $50 for anything over 8.5 ft plus 6% tax. For seasonal they might try to get another dollar or two more per month. So a 38 ft boat might be 40 ft long and even without the seasonal price gouge you could be spending $825+ for rack storage.

Even at those ridiculous prices, many of these places are struggling to break even. Land/building costs are insane, insurance/taxes quickly eat up profits!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Registered

http://jupiterpointe.com/marina/

I was off on the pricing, looks like:
T-Tops. arches and other over-height structures are an additional $100.00.
LENGTH MONTHLY RATE ANNUAL RATE
Beams to 9’1″ $22/foot $18.50/foot
Beams 9’2″ to 9’11″ $24/foot $22/foot
Beams to 10′ and up $27.50/foot $24/foot

PLUS 6% tax.

They do have lower prices in the old steel building next door but these are the prices on the new hurricane building. Place is nice, had a bar/restaurant/pool but it originally was a condo rack storage plan, sell the rack space at 100K and charge HOA fees, let owners use the restaurant/pool as like a clubhouse. Tanking economy crushed the 100K rack-o-minium idea.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Bayshore landing and Grove Key Marina are wet slips only.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. You guys are correct about hurricane building. I just got a quote back on insurance and as long as boat is NOT located in florida in those months the insurance company is NOT concerned. Grove Harbor Marine seems very price and no availability for inside storage is what I have been told. What about Grove isle Marina or Bayshore Landing. Anyone know anything about either?
sent you a PM
Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM me if you like and I can help you out as I live here. The best place in Miami and in South FL IMO is Grove Harbor. Best location, best service, Nicest by far etc. Let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.