Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats the leagal HP in SBI  factory boats? >

Whats the leagal HP in SBI factory boats?

Notices

Whats the leagal HP in SBI factory boats?

Old 08-29-2002, 10:03 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Smittymarine
special hull wax

lol!!! yeah i'm sure special wax is just as important as dropping 500lbs....
Old 08-30-2002, 04:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I have some of that WAX ??????
Old 08-30-2002, 10:51 AM
snglestack

MIKE YOU DONT WANT THAT WAX ITS BAD FOR BUSSINESS IT LASTS FOR A YEAR WITHOUT REDOING RODGER AUSSLEY IS THE WAX MAN 5 MPH FASTER WITH IT ON HIS BOAT HA_HA

Old 08-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered

SBI rule book. section 13.8.2 competition engine criteria
Old 08-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Is it possable to run 114 MPH in a F-2 with 940 total HP?Or for that matter 105 MPH? Im not a engineer so what is the weight to HP that would net those speeds?
My only problem is Im waiting for an old A boat or APBA super-v lite to show up at a race Im in and it being factory 1 leagal.
Randy
Old 08-30-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, don't forget about x-diminsion. A two inch or higher x with low water pickups like on APBA's Utz-Castaway boat contribute to 4-6 miles per hour. Look at the APBA kilo record in super vee light twin. These boats have the vortec engines but have approximately 20-25 ONLY more horsepower. A 100 MPH Factory 2 boat in SBI has several things going for it, higher x, staggered engines, imco lower units, no weight limit, SOOOO comparing the two is rediculous.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

OH the wax thing, everyone knows that the wax only lasts a very short time and we do not put it on the bottom.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Smittymarine

Randy, I think SBI leaves a lot of the honesty to the racers and allow them to enjoy their racing. Yea the fountains do fly, but you do have to look at weight, The F2-76 is light, good for flat water, however I have seen 8000lb F2's kick their @@@ in the rough, it's give and take. Then calc. in the crew, what are you worried about? Craziest pair I have ever seen.

Old 09-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Eddy,At the point race we had a great start and were leading in class for about 1/2 a mile when the Outlaw boat passed us.Yes at the end of the day we out drove them and won but I can honestly say when a rookie team passes us at Point then there is concern for me with boats being equal.Just my guess but if SBI followed APBA's rules there would be more boats doing both circuits.
I'll stop my crying now and count my blessings for the fun we are having and all being safe.It is what it is.
See you all in the DOG POUND at NYC race

Randy
Old 09-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Randy, for once you are right , I think the game plan is to make the classes run by different rules and place the races on the same days to make the racers choose one over the other. Also could you see SBI madating that engines get sent to an APBA owned engine center for rebuilds?

Your right. If they would make the classes identical, then racers could go to thier favorite sites. This would be good for the racers and probably the santioning bodies too but don't hold your breath.

Then a fair joint world championship race could happen and.... oh I'll stop now and crawl back into my wannabe shell.

Quick Reply: Whats the leagal HP in SBI factory boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.