Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats the leagal HP in SBI factory boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31835-whats-leagal-hp-sbi-factory-boats.html)

TYPHOON 09-01-2002 05:15 PM

Ron will you be at the NYC race?
Randy

Ron P 09-01-2002 05:29 PM

Yup, we'll be there. Why you need help driving that thang?

I'll bring the sponges.:D

Smittymarine 09-01-2002 06:40 PM

You are right, if the rules were the same I do believe you would see a lot of cross racing, then there are some who would rather not see it. Anyway, looking forward to NY. Didn't see much of you inNJ, maybe we can hang a little in NY

DanL 09-01-2002 08:14 PM

I know from experience that the front guys are pushing things a little too far. Cams,compression, 1/8 more stroke. The honor system is for the guys who don't want to win. Thats the reason for CRE in APBA.

TYPHOON 09-02-2002 10:22 AM

Its to bad people cant play equal and let there skills prove the better team!I would see no glory,honor or pride if I won in a race Knowing we were'nt the better team but the better rule bender.Those people dont call it cheating but reading between the lines in the rule book.Its not for me.
Randy

PS not all fast boats are doing that,there are some great setup teams that have earned the right to have the best boats on the water,my hats off to all those teams.Hard work does have its rewards.;)

Ruben Bermudez 09-02-2002 12:04 PM

On the other hand

Some of us like to test our skills in the building and wrenching arenas, and will send our engines out to somebody else to work on and seal when they pry the tools out of our cold dead hands.

See- that's why there's more than one sanctioning body.

NW_Jim 09-02-2002 02:49 PM

Rueben, That's what the P classes are for.

I think SBI leaves a lot of the honesty to the racers
Every one knows that all racers are honest.

Especially "Mr T" wannabe and company. :D

Ruben Bermudez 09-02-2002 10:43 PM

P classes are great, but

P classes are for folks to gain experience
or run equipment otherwize uncompetitive, IMO.

As I posted once before,
SBI oughta change the name of their
F classes to alleviate confusion
among the fans...and some of the competitors.

I'm still voting for Funny Boat (FB),
all they'd have to add is one letter.

...but one wag says it should be
Factory Unregulated Competition Killer
(don't make me spell that one out).

See, if ya wanna run sealed engines
and be a face in a large crowd,
there's an organization for you.

And if ya wanna try and beat Reggie,
theres an organization for you.

NW_Jim 09-02-2002 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tell that to Bob Russell in Rock-it. He mostly does the Poker Run circuit now, but was in the P class at one race and was ahead of every one for the first lap till a raw water hose let loose. The After the race the Super Cat guys said they couldn't believe it when they looked over and saw Fred Flintstone flying by them. This boat has been first boat at the first stop at the last two SCOPE poker runs. This year followed by a 46', a few 40's, a 36', and a 32' all very fast Skaters. It has a cabin with a galley and stand up head. 2800 HP later she does over 140 and Bob knows how to drive her. :D

NW_Jim 09-02-2002 11:52 PM

The P class is the Outlaw class for those who don't want to or cannot abide by the other class rules. It's a run-what-ya-brung class, kinda like the factory boats in SBI, where the guy with the most bucks usually wins. Factory Class in APBA was suppose to be an entry level class that the average guy, (well average well off guy), could afford without being intimidated by all the gold chains and black spray paint. These were boats that anyone could buy from a dealer. I think even in APBA, they have not adhered to that as much as the initial hype led us to believe, but it's alot closer than SBI.

Thing that pisses me off is the name of the boat manufacture is rarely mentioned in APBA. I thought that was one of the main incentives for Boat Builders to compete at close to the same level so prospective buyers could see what their boats would do. What good does that do when you don't even know what they are? At least in SBI, you know they are all Fountains...:D

No intention on bashing SBI, I think its all good. Just trying to make a point. Now what was I talking about......:rolleyes: