Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats the leagal HP in SBI factory boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31835-whats-leagal-hp-sbi-factory-boats.html)

Ron P 09-03-2002 12:04 AM

What I don't like about P classes is that any boat can join, even if they are legal in F1 or F2 or whatever. The P class should only admit boats that don't fit into any other "Main" class.

NW_Jim 09-03-2002 08:07 AM

I agree Ron.

TYPHOON 09-03-2002 09:06 AM

Jim the reason you dont hear what manufacture the boat is simple.Very few manufactures are willing to help the teams who bought there boats.They all say they will after pay $70,000 plus dollars for a (deal)on your boat.After that you pay for everything.I dont blame any of the teams for not mentioning who makes there boat.Any other sport they give you there product and pay you to race it.Most manufactures dont see racing as a good way to sell boats ,Idont get it.
I run a Krytonite boat and in my opinion its the best F1 boat out there.Kirk the owner has helped me this year and I am greatfull for his support.On our interviews on tv and press I advertise for him beceause he is helping us.
Randy

fastedy 09-03-2002 05:00 PM

Randy,

The boat you were talking abought was compleatly off plain then they passed us like we were setting still, then caught you, I do realize we have not been running as well as last year, but I didn't see how they caught up to you so fast, That boat had an CRE sealed motor I not sure what it has now.

See ya soon,

Eddie Simmons
superboatusa.com

TYPHOON 09-04-2002 04:23 PM

Mike you make a good point when 2 of the same boats run at the same time.It does show that team work and setup plays a huge role in who wins
Randy

TYPHOON 09-05-2002 10:59 AM

Is the new 525HP motor or the Vortec leagal?

NW_Jim 09-05-2002 02:12 PM

Randy, I can understand that. It is a shame the manufactures don't support more. I have heard nothing but good things about the Kriptonite boats.

I think Dodge had the right idea in Nascar although I haven't kept up this year, they fielded a team with full factory support.

My point is Mike A. is trying to use the Nascar success as a model to improve offshore racing. I don't know how it works in Nascar, but you always know if it's a Chevy, Ford, Dodge etc because the leader board on TV tells you. That's beside the fact that the factory had absolutely nothing to do with the car itself, only the drive train.

I would think APBA would be able to cut a deal with the manufactures to list what boats are what and get some advertising money.

That may be the wrong way to go about it since some great boat builders don't necessarily have big advertising budgets. What would it hurt to mention the name of the manufactures during the races. At least the fans that might have the same boat would have someone to root for, or at least be able to relate better.

It also happens in unlimited Hydros, you usually know who the designer/builder is.

Indy cars - same thing

I'll jump down now....

TYPHOON 09-05-2002 02:46 PM

Jim thats a great idea,My guess is no one has the idea yet.I would do it for free if I was APBA for the manufacture.When listing the boat at the begining of the race.Maybe the manufacture would feel they are getting more exposure to see there name up in lites