Myrtle Beach vs Hiltion Head >

Myrtle Beach vs Hiltion Head

Notices

Myrtle Beach vs Hiltion Head

Old 09-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach vs Hiltion Head

Going to possibly take a quick trip in November, never been to SC. Which of these two would you choose. Just looking for general overall vacation quality. Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you want to take a trip in November then you should consider going to Key West, FL for the Offshore Power Boat Races. That would be my recommendation. Myrtle beach is really nice. Depends on what you are looking for. North Myrtle Beach is more laid back and quiet where South Myrtle beach is more active and has more things to do. Hilton head is a very laid back area, but also very nice. All depends on what you are looking for. My vote would be Key West though.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Registered

MB and HH are so different! MB has lots for kids to do, Neon tourist area type place. HH is much more relaxed, limits on the size of signs a business can display. If adults only looking to relax I would suggest HH. Both gave lots of golf courses, HH are nicer. I lived in SC for 28 years.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

My vote would be Hilton Head. Close to Savannah also: http://101thingshiltonhead.com/101-things/4604
Old 09-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad
MB and HH are so different! MB has lots for kids to do, Neon tourist area type place. HH is much more relaxed, limits on the size of signs a business can display. If adults only looking to relax I would suggest HH. Both gave lots of golf courses, HH are nicer. I lived in SC for 28 years.
I have expieranced that HH is more for yuppies..you know the ones with their nose in the air..i like MB better but their are some dark spots their..
Old 09-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hilton Head is mostly gated communities with little to see other than the community you happen to be staying in. All "Plantations" are very nice and you cannot see any of them unless you are staying in one or with a real estate agent. Some Small harbor areas to see. Golf is nice on HH if that is your thing. Savannah is not far as mentioned with plenty of cool things to see and do.
Myrtle Beach is entirely different and has the tourist stuff and anything you can imagine to do. Very highly commercialized with stuff everywhere.
It really depends on what you are looking for. Those two places are entirely different.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

I have lived in Bluffton and Hilton head for 9 yrs now. Myrtle Beach more commercialized . I have been to Myrtle Beach and its kind of boring. As far as hilton head goes nice beaches,bars,tiki hut ,bands all in walking distance. Approx 300 restaurants to choose,harbor town over 50 golf courses and the best part is Savannah !! 25 min ride over the Talmadge bridge, pubs,live music,river street,city market are the hot spots. My suggestion would be to grab a room in savannah and have fun!! Ghost tours for kids,paddleboat dinner cruises and sightseeing of all kinds. I say grab a room because your allowed to drink in the streets bar hop but its notorious for a DWI checkpoint if you drive back to Hilton Head side !!!

Let me know if you need more info.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Compromise- go to Charleston for good combo of charming/relaxing with plenty to do.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1
Old 09-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Compromise- go to Charleston for good combo of charming/relaxing with plenty to do.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.