Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great flight bad landing lol >

Great flight bad landing lol

Notices

Great flight bad landing lol

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I sure miss Al and his parties especially the Christmas one at his house every year!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jamie77905
Man I sure miss Al and his parties especially the Christmas one at his house every year!
Wow I'm sure we met back in the days. I had a Cig named (Easy) I miss the days with Al Copland. He was why I'm here.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by buck35
That sucks man, but it's why I welded mine in solid, 1x3 topcap on 2x2s withh 4x4 remesh as a screen . Bullitt proof with no movement, good airflow and visibility.
Hope for a speedy recovery!
Wouldn't it be better to just go to the Dr and see what he would do for your foot and ankle? I know no one likes going to the Dr, but welding an ankle solid has GOT to hurt!

Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

So sorry for you, it is hell when you are older. I did both ankles when I was about 10, couldn't walk for three weeks, then baseball bat for a crutch, when I couldn't get my Dad or Bro to tote me someplace. Ankles are my weakness to this day.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pilotpete
Wouldn't it be better to just go to the Dr and see what he would do for your foot and ankle? I know no one likes going to the Dr, but welding an ankle solid has GOT to hurt!

Now that's funny. Love it. Thanks I needed the laugh today. I'm so bored. Have a great day. Artie
Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered

Thank you 88Fount33.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Now that's funny. Love it. Thanks I needed the laugh today. I'm so bored. Have a great day. Artie
Artie,

My fiancé tripped over a curb, tore the ligaments in her ankle, ruptured the ligaments in her foot, and dislocated one of the metatarsal bones. A week of severe pain and then surgery and some hardware to hold it all together. We're 4 weeks post surgery now, and things are looking good. Even though she wasn't able to stand up, we went to San Diego for the SCOPE Poker Run. She was a trooper. I try to make her laugh whenever I can, because she made the run for me.

Hang in there amigo! You'll be out on the water in no time. If you need another laugh, I can send you picture of me trying to dock in the wind.

Pete
Old 10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Registered

Thanks Pete. Hope your fiancé doing well. She sounds like a keeper. Tough Lady. I can allways use a laugh. My back is giving me the most pain. The crutches give me hell. hope when I start walking it will get better.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Thanks Pete. Hope your fiancé doing well. She sounds like a keeper. Tough Lady. I can allways use a laugh. My back is giving me the most pain. The crutches give me hell. hope when I start walking it will get better.
Forget crutches! Get a Knee Walker! Think of it as a razor scooter for old people!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

Been down that road, I was 20 ripping a window out up on a flat roof. When the last screw broke I flew back ant tripped on the parapet wall, did a backflip and landed on my feet. Granted my feet were on a sidewalk and the roof was 25 ft up. Nice part was I was working on a fire hall, so they just rolled the ambulance out back.
I broke an ankle and a couple other bones in that leg, I have a couple plates and a bunch of screws in that one. My other leg the heel was crushed the bottom of that foot has what looks like fireplace mesh with screws through most of the holes. I also broke a wrist that has a partial fusion now after a few surgeries(kept wearing stuff out), and a few compression fractures in my back.
Make sure you do the rehab! And once you're moving again yoga is your friend, that is the best stretch going for your ankles. Best of luck on your recovery, and at least your wheelchair won't roll in circles