Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat places to visit in Miami >

Boat places to visit in Miami

Notices

Boat places to visit in Miami

Old 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about Gilbert's. is that just hot on the weekends?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
I wasn't trying to sound like a douche head, but just don't want you to come thinking you are going to see them running around in the ocean or Biscayne bay as you would see them at LOTO, Grand Lake, Havasu. On the performance shop side we have many of those and some of the best in the industry. Tommy at Chief is a must. As far as places to eat on the water not many either besides Montys on the beach, Montys in Coconut Grove which is next to Grove Harbor Marina (some performance boats there TnT has more), Scotty's on the bay.
I didn't take it like that at all, I just didn't want to head down and be like sh!t I didn't even think to go here or there that's all. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Cig requires advance scheduling for a tour...but a killer factory to see.
if by "killer factory" you mean big warehouse where they make boats...pretty old school if you ask me.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Not even 2 miles away.
Did they move?? I thought (10 yrs ago) they were on (or about 125th st) and about 6th ave, where TnT is 135th & about 21st ave.. Where are they now???
Old 10-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Did they move?? I thought (10 yrs ago) they were on (or about 125th st) and about 6th ave, where TnT is 135th & about 21st ave.. Where are they now???
They're right behind the rail road tracks by Biscayne. Real close to TnT rigging shop.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sea6
What about Gilbert's. is that just hot on the weekends?
Great spot but that's in Key largo
Old 10-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Well then I guess I should clarify. Performance boat manufacturing meca. I'd like to visit Afew shops to see Afew things not expecting to see boats everywhere, also I'm only going to have a day or so to look around not exactly a week.. I live on the Chesapeake bay which mile for mile id put one of the best boating areas in the US as far as waterfront bars/restaurants and coves rivers. We even have a 300 page book of waterfront destinations.

But anyways I'm more of a nuts and bolts guy anyways I like to see how things are made.

Brian, I just might take you up on that. I met you at JOTJ on Sunday. I had the yellow/red/black Baja.

Cig is in Opa -Locka and they are really the only performance manufacturer other than Active Thunder in SE FL. Anyone consider Pantera a manufacturer anymore? There are some center console builders around but performance is limited.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

They're right behind the rail road tracks by Biscayne. Real close to TnT rigging shop.
Oh, I Gotcha now, Must be over by where C&G,Cobra/Revenge,Hawk etc, Even Al Segrini Had the Fabrege' Funny Car Housed there..I know where youre talking about...
Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

^^^^ you got it