Ben Kramer to be released!?!? >

Ben Kramer to be released!?!?

Notices

Ben Kramer to be released!?!?

Old 10-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
Don't forget the little aledged dispute with Don.....

Yea

It would be a little bit too convenient of a coincidence that some Colombians wanted Don dead about the same time that Ben was steaming because Don wouldn't give him back the Million under the table money after the Blue Thunder deal went South.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
NEWS
NATION : 10 Years in Failed Copter Escape
April 13, 1990 | From Times Wire Services
A former champion race boat driver was sentenced today to 10 years and five months in federal prison for attempting a dramatic helicopter escape from a federal prison. Benjamin (Barry) Kramer, 34, will serve the sentence consecutive with a life term stemming from a drug smuggling conviction in Illinois in 1986, said U.S. District Judge James Kehoe.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...77161500,d.cWc

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-04-...1_bicycle-club

Those articles (links) are very helpful in determining his potential release, what would be very helpful is the disposition sheet from each court, The news papers tend to f*ck things up with sentencing; however, this is pretty good from your one link "The 35-year-old Ben Kramer is serving a life term on a 1988 drug-trafficking conviction in Illinois. He was convicted in the Bicycle Club case on 28 charges."

Then the 10 years and five months leads, consecutively me to believe even if the "21 U.S. Code § 848 - Continuing criminal enterprise" link you have posted sentencing guideline for which he as convicted is to be determined sentenced completed or parole eligible,then his sentence on the helicopter escape will start to toll.

It does not appear he is getting out of jail soon based on that information, unless wardens deem it so to be released, and Prosecutor(s) do not oppose his release then it is back to court for the Judge to decide.

I am sorry for not having read your entire post before posting my response in this thread.

Last edited by Smarty; 10-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Yea

It would be a little bit too convenient of a coincidence that some Colombians wanted Don dead about the same time that Ben was steaming because Don wouldn't give him back the Million under the table money after the Blue Thunder deal went South.
Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. When you sell boats to known drug dealers, and then sell boats to the government to catch these drug dealers, you're going to make some powerful enemies.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 10-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

White Boy Rick was a snitch for the FBI and is still locked up on Michigan's 650 lifer law, I really can't see Kramer getting a pass with a Kingpin case and an escape attempt. Then again, Chris Paciello only did a nickel and some change for a murder rap, so anything is possible.....

Last edited by Speedracer29; 10-12-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I agree, legendary, Apache Heritage, is an other, I know that was redone and is now an orange colored boat. I wonder what Ben Kramer thinks about all this fuss on OSO when his name comes up ? It would be very interesting to speak with him, not about the convictions, but just about the boats, the boat business as he remembered it, and offshore racing. I am sure there are some very interesting stories and drama from the past criminal conduct, but as I tell all of my clients, keep your mouth shut.....
Ben went to jail before the internet existed, safe to say in his incarceration he has probably little to no computer access nor would he understand a computer. As far as the boat business, not sure he was a "hands on" owner, meeting with clients, discussing details etc. That many years of incarceration surely doesn't stimulate the mind and I'm not sure how smart he was before jail. Sadly he could be in a "sling blade" mindset at this point.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ben went to jail before the internet existed, safe to say in his incarceration he has probably little to no computer access nor would he understand a computer. As far as the boat business, not sure he was a "hands on" owner, meeting with clients, discussing details etc. That many years of incarceration surely doesn't stimulate the mind and I'm not sure how smart he was before jail. Sadly he could be in a "sling blade" mindset at this point.
He may or may not understand a computer to the degree by which we have computer literacy, but I would bet my life on it he gets mail, visits, or other inmates have family members which know about him, his boats, and follow stuff when his name comes up, you would be surprised how common that is among inmates to get that information about them. he may not aware of this specific thread, but he will told about it someday, by somebody, while he is still locked up, you forgot about the bulls (guards) who sometimes tell the inmates what is going on...I will speculate he knows what is being said about him on the internet albeit in a time-delayed awareness due to second feed(s).

I have no idea of his health or mental capacity and I will not speculate on that,
Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Kramer gets more love then most of the recent OSO crooks i.e. Big Chubby, Fred Cecil etc.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Those articles (links) are very helpful in determining his potential release, what would be very helpful is the disposition sheet from each court, The news papers tend to f*ck things up with sentencing; however, this is pretty good from your one link "The 35-year-old Ben Kramer is serving a life term on a 1988 drug-trafficking conviction in Illinois. He was convicted in the Bicycle Club case on 28 charges."

Then the 10 years and five months leads, consecutively me to believe even if the "21 U.S. Code § 848 - Continuing criminal enterprise" link you have posted sentencing guideline for which he as convicted is to be determined sentenced completed or parole eligible,then his sentence on the helicopter escape will start to toll.

It does not appear he is getting out of jail soon based on that information, unless wardens deem it so to be released, and Prosecutor(s) do not oppose his release then it is back to court for the Judge to decide.

I am sorry for not having read your entire post before posting my response in this thread.
No apology necessary. We are just a few guy's talking, that's all.

I think what bothers most people about Ben Kramer is his connection with Don Aronow's murder. It overshadows his drug king pin status and prison escape attempt. A powerful stigma. It makes most people agree with his prison sentence concerning the other convictions. Ben tried to overturn it legally, but was unsuccessful.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 10-13-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Here is a good read from the Miami Herald: Mel Kessler and the Kramers
http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestiga...mi-Drug-Lawyer
Old 10-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. When you sell boats to known drug dealers, and then sell boats to the government to catch these drug dealers, you're going to make some powerful enemies.
Aronow may have built a boat or 2 back in the old days under the assumption of " Hear no Evil See no Evil" back in the days with the old widebody 36s but as his notoriety with the honest money halves grew I think he had enough sense to steer clear of the shady characters ..

Of all the Cigarettes how often does anybody come along a purpose built on e from back in the day?

Also I used to go to the drug seizure auctions in Florida back in the 80s and looked at many of the offshore boats that were seized. Many were privately made poorly built like they had been laid up in the mold and pulled the same day and then had 500 gallon tanks stuffed in them

The whole Columbian story is bullchit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.