Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015 >

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Notices

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Old 10-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
One of the main reasons in for medical rescue.....and also break downs. That would be a long 200 mile tow, and rescue could never get u to a hospital or help in time.
THen you need to race smarter and take more calculated risks. When I raced Baja, you really had no realistic hope of making it to a decent hospital anytime soon. Hell the thought was always in the back of your head that if you wiped out, how long would it be before anybody even started looking for you much less found you. Finishing in one piece was part of the initial challange, Finishing period was a big part of the challange and something to be proud of, winning was a bonus.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

OK, a bit premature, but.........

HORBA has been quietly working on bringing back open ocean racing again.

What we are planning for next year is two races, both up north.

Race number 1 in June of 2015 to have three different lengths. As I mentioned on this thread earlier, the big boats would race 200 miles, the smaller boats would race 100 miles and we want to have a class for poker run boats so this type of racing can be tried by those interested that would run just 50 miles.

Race number 2 in September of 2015 would be another running of the 271 mile Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island race again. Boats that normally the big boat class run the full distance.

Smaller boats that normally run the 100 mile distance, we will set a shorter course of say 171 miles. They can add extra fuel tanks or refuel along the way if they wish......

BUT ....there will be a poker run class covering less distance too, probably 75 miles.

Hopefully we can gain some interest from some of the race organizations out there. We could be added on to a normal race weekend without taking away from the regular,show.

We,have been talking to some sponsors and in that area things look pretty good. So we want to be able to come, bringing our own racers and provide our own prize money and just add to the excitement of a race weekend, and not take anything away from the regular show.

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-10-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The new style racing has its own challenges , but I dont know if carrying tools and spare parts is even legal anymore ! Might open the door for some "riding mechanics" to get back in the game! ( Worth their weight in gold when your 20 mi offshore and dead in the water )

Last edited by PARASAIL941; 10-10-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Until someone doesn't get there way LOL. So who is sponsoring this?? It takes deep pockets to start something new like this and even deeper to keep people in it for the long haul. In the end you cant have 2-3 orgs with the same boats and expect a good turn out at all of them.
Randy make a good point not only does this hurt boat count it is a class killer. This is a repeat of history, and it took 5 yrs to get SS, Superboat, and Super Vee ( lite) back to the bigger boat counts again. OSS took the Super Cat class down to 2-3 boat at the end now u could possibly see 10 SB in kw. SS has also made a huge come back after being split up and SuperVee (lite) has 15 active boats racing between OPA and SBI. That has also raised the value of each of those teams equipment to almost double what it was.

Not sure with 2 org and 15 races to pick from what a 3rd org does ...whats the plus?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered

If a org comes in and is professional and has REAL prize money and gets paid out,I know where I going
Old 10-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Registered

Why would u go , your not a racer.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Just to ad salt and butter to the popcorn, I wonder which set of svl rules they will use, or will they make up thier own???

Last edited by phragle; 10-11-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered

I've raced more races and put on more race then you know,I just don't come on and comment on everything like you
Old 10-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,727 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
One of the main reasons in for medical rescue.....and also break downs. That would be a long 200 mile tow, and rescue could never get u to a hospital or help in time.
well if it is a 200 mile long race the longest possible tow would be 100 miles, still long, but if it was a 200 mile race and you needed 200 mile tow you didn't even start, stay on the trailer. or on the computer. Like anything in racing or the weather don't like it stick around 15 minutes it will change. Best of luck to all, I don't have a fish to fry, nor boat in the race so I could care less! but as much as I enjoy the racing , lets have some rough water events.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered

Pete I will catch up with you in Key West..Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.